E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > marriage "laws"

08-15-2009, 04:41 AM   #23
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '06 330D Le Mans Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistry View Post
holly crap!! i get married in a week!!!
Come back in 5-7 years time and tell me I'm wrong!
      08-15-2009, 08:56 AM   #24
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

Just been through this myself and I ended up just walking away as it easy, got a little bit of what I put in but nothing in terms of the stuff in the house.

You can protect stuff that you have before you got married, it's not called a prenup it's called something else. The only reason I know this is becuase I have been speaking to a solicitor over the past few days and she explained what I could have done. Ah well....

Just make sure it's what you really want and that she isnt a gold digger who's after you BMW
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #25
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
No expert but some evidence suggests that divorce courts are definately 'anti-men' and you could be hammered if you divorce if; you earn more than your wife and have a decent pension fund and/or if children are involved. Just ask 'Fathers for Justice'. I am not so sure that it is a 50/50 split necessarily and it will almost invariably be split in favour of the woman. I have divorced colleagues who have walked away with very little compared to their former partners and are worse off by £100,000s generally due to 'sharing' the proceeds of the marital house sale and having to forgo a large portion of their occupational pension funds.
Both my Brother in laws are going through divorce and separations at present both have children involved

The one who has been married 20 years is being taken for half including his occupational pension she wants 900k in cash to start again,all is agreed in principal ,but he has drawn a line in keeping her in the manner she has become accustomed to,His words were she aint no fucking WAG and has a decent job the line has to be drawn somewhere .

Now the second this is shocking ,Younger partner by 17 years she is a little fox never ever worked unless 2 weeks as a trolly dolly counts 3 boys aged from 5 to 14 she gets 60% ,wtf is that about ,he gets to pay the school fees and to keep her indefinitely

Pre nups in the UK (only works till there are children) Steve a is correct they are fucking vampires,

The reason above are some of the reasons i posted the thread to protect our sons recent property purchase ,tbh i think it will always cost you .
Appreciate 0