E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Help with BMW PSW V2

08-11-2014, 01:37 AM   #1
scflaw
Captain
Rep
Drives: M135I, Macan S, G26 i4M50

Help with BMW PSW V2

Hey Guys

I think i had a previous thread but i couldn't find it, but i am hoping one of you guys savvy could help me out.

I had the PSW V2 installed and working a few months ago. I had to take apart due to some bad workmanship from the mechanic, in the process of reinstalling the wheel, i think my stupid ass snapped the the cable for the two buttons that sets the options on the V2 display.

What i am thinking is if it were possible to either reattach the wiring to the v2 display or would you guys recommend something else?

I believe i snapped the cable because i forced the airbag in and did not notice the resistance from the cable. Also i get the Test lights from the steering wheel on vehicle startup, so i do not believe the little module is broken.

Is there any way to duplicate a signal with an external input?

I'm not an electrical engineer, so please dont hesitate to correct me if i have stated anything wrong.

Stan
Appreciate 0