E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > ultimate detailing in sydney

02-10-2011, 07:41 AM   #1
ozx5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

ultimate detailing in sydney

clay bar'ing, full buffs etc...paint correction .. just wanted to ask for

detailers....that go all out interior as well as exterior...

any names, locations in the sydney area you could recommend

happy to pass on refferal info
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Give Mike at Car Care Products Australia a call.

While they have an extensive online shop for detailing products they also do the full monty at their workshop in Rozelle.

I've been using him for years on my car and our boat.

Mike Raffaele <mike@wowwash.com.au>
0431 559 949
1300 300 456

Cheers,

S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozx5 View Post
clay bar'ing, full buffs etc...paint correction .. just wanted to ask for

detailers....that go all out interior as well as exterior...

any names, locations in the sydney area you could recommend

happy to pass on refferal info
Vishnu PROcede V5 | VK Motorworks FMIC | AR Design OCC | Forge DV's | Bilstein PSS9 | M3 Lower Control Arms & Caster Rods | Quaife LSD | HiTech Exhaust | BMW Performance Illuminated Door Sills | BMW Performance Gear Selector & Boot | BMW Performance E-Brake Cover
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 04:55 PM   #3
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

Dave from Reflect Effect in North Rocks does great work.

you can google him.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #4
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOPALX View Post
Give Mike at Car Care Products Australia a call.

While they have an extensive online shop for detailing products they also do the full monty at their workshop in Rozelle.

I've been using him for years on my car and our boat.

Mike Raffaele <mike@wowwash.com.au>
0431 559 949
1300 300 456

Cheers,

S

+1, heard great things about Mike and he also holds detailing sessions every month I believe..maybe we should all organise to do detailing lessons from him and also if there are quite a few of us who plan fully detail their cars professionally guess we could get a special deal from him.
Tiag E90 | JBSPEED Spli t t ers | JBSPEED ACS style Roof Spoiler | JBSPEED M3 style Trunk spoiler | Euro plates | K&N Intake | BMW OEM Performance Exhaust | Debadged | OEM Chromeline trim |230 OEM rims | 19" Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Non runflats | OEM Burr Walnut Gear knob | OEM Blacklines | OEM Spacesaver |
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 11:01 PM   #5
335i-boy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport

As Stu has said, Mike at Care Care Products does an amazing job. If you want "ultimate" results then I would suggestgiving him a call. Great bloke with a genuine passion for cars and how they should look.

As cruvon has also said Mike holds Detailing clinics once a month. I thought I knew all there was to know about car detailing. I used to spend 3 days detailing cars that I have owned in my younger days. To busy for that sort of madness these days. I picked up some very useful hints and techniques from the clinics.

Here is Mike's website to have a look at. Lots of useful info and a few "how to" videos on there as well. http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/

Here are some photos of Paint Correction (rims and tyres cleaned and protected as well) and a full interior clean Mike had performed on my Sapphire Black E92 about 8 months ago. Still looks good even with the most minimum of maintenance.
Attached Images

2008 E92 335i M-Sport | Sapphire Black | Sunroof | Creme Beige | Poplar Grey | Logic 7 | 6AT | 19" AG M359's | Michelin PS4S | LUX V3 | MHD V5 E40 | Steve AZ Walbro inline | Vishnu DCI | BMS CP | AR Design Catless DP's | Forge DV's | Helix IC | (Stock Cat. back) |
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 11:07 PM   #6
orey
Banned
Rep
Drives: the forums

do you have a picture of the scratched part after with similar lighting?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 01:01 AM   #7
335i-boy
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orey View Post
do you have a picture of the scratched part after with similar lighting?
If you are referring to the first photo, this is the only photo I have. It is a before and after shot taken after the fine scratches were removed, correction was performed. The photo is of the bonnet. Mike masked up a section of the bonnet so you could see the "before" and "after" right next to each other. If you notice the line down the centre of the picture, this is the line left by the masking tape. You can see the swirl lines/scratches stop at that line.
2008 E92 335i M-Sport | Sapphire Black | Sunroof | Creme Beige | Poplar Grey | Logic 7 | 6AT | 19" AG M359's | Michelin PS4S | LUX V3 | MHD V5 E40 | Steve AZ Walbro inline | Vishnu DCI | BMS CP | AR Design Catless DP's | Forge DV's | Helix IC | (Stock Cat. back) |
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 01:15 AM   #8
orey
Banned
Rep
Drives: the forums

ah okay, i thought that was just a scratch down the center...

that looks incredible.

may be worth the drive to sydney
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 01:31 AM   #9
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep

the car looks great! lovely colour combo and wheels.

do you mind me asking how much the paint correction cost?

I'm expecting an exterior paint correction on a black vehicle to be 300-350.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 02:01 AM   #10
335i-boy
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
the car looks great! lovely colour combo and wheels.

do you mind me asking how much the paint correction cost?

I'm expecting an exterior paint correction on a black vehicle to be 300-350.
Thx for the compliment.

I guess it all depends on what the condition of your paint is. Before taking the car in I thought the paint on mine wasn't too bad. The pictures tell another story.

So if your paint is not horribly oxidised and without checking with Mike, you maybe close on pricing.

I got the whole car done. That is the exterior paint, the door jams, all the leather inside, the mats, the carpet, the boot, the engine bay, I even got him to polish the rims, each individual spoke and apply a protective wheel finish that repels alot of the brake dust. Makes the wheels easier to clean too. He had the car for 2 whole days. All that from memory was around $600.00.

Its important to note that paint correction should be a one off cost. If you wash your car regularly (every couple of weeks) and keep the wax up with an application once every 6 months or so, the paint corrected finish should last forever.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 02:07 AM   #11
kOncept
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Looking good! Do you have any close up shots of the leather seats? I have the same colour interior. When you look up close can you see any dirt in the fine 'cracks' (not cracks just the indents in the leather) of the leather?

I need my interior done but I'm very picky and I'm in Brissy
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 05:38 AM   #12
335i-boy
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kOncept View Post
Looking good! Do you have any close up shots of the leather seats? I have the same colour interior. When you look up close can you see any dirt in the fine 'cracks' (not cracks just the indents in the leather) of the leather?

I need my interior done but I'm very picky and I'm in Brissy
Hi kOncept and welcome to the forum.

Yes I know how you feel. I think you are talking about dirt in the grain of the leather. Sorry, I don't have any more recently cleaned photos, but here are a couple shots below that I took a few days after they were cleaned. They are not close up shots but all I have at the moment.

I use what Mike used on my car. The results were great.

First - Duragloss Leather Shampoo. Spray on and wipe not rub with a soft brush, this cleans the leather then Just wipe off with a clean cloth. Leather surface is completely clean, including the grain. Its easy to use and gives a nice clean matte finish to the leather. Smells like new leather too. http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/pr...eather_shampoo

Second - Duragloss Leather Conditioner. This is a cream. As the name suggests it is a conditioner. Just wipe on with a foam applicator pad until it disappears. It keeps the leather soft and prevents drying out. As you probably know the sun is the biggest cause of leather damage. http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/pr..._conditioner-2

My interior is still looking pretty good just as in the photos. I just give the interior a quick going over with the Duragloss leather products every few months on top of normal vacuums and all is good so far. The Duragloss gear is best leather cleaning product I have used so far... and it's cheap too. Hope this helps. I think QUM10Z is located up your way and has his own detailing website, so he may be able to help you out with some options as well.
Attached Images

Last edited by 335i-boy; 02-11-2011 at 05:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 09:43 PM   #13
kOncept
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Thanks for that! Grain was the word I was looking for! Have you tried any Lexol products?

Now to track down QUM10Z and see what he has to offer for leather cleaning & conditioning
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 03:16 AM   #14
335i-boy
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kOncept View Post
Thanks for that! Grain was the word I was looking for! Have you tried any Lexol products?

Now to track down QUM10Z and see what he has to offer for leather cleaning & conditioning
Haven't used any Lexol Products, but have used the whole suite of Meguiars and Mothers deatiling gear and Autoglym on paint and leather.

The next level above these are the products you can get from Car Care Products (Mike). Mike sells Lexol for leather. You could drop him an email and ask what the Lexol products are like or get some suggestions. He sends out orders daily Australia wide.

The Duragloss cleaning products are the best I have used on leather by far.

Brands like Dodo Juice and Menzerna for paint and Duragloss for paint and leather are simply outstanding.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 08:04 PM   #15
sliderpass
Private
Rep
Drives:

I don't suppose you guys know where all the meguiars preferred car washing places are in Sydney?

I know there's one in baulkham hills, but there should be quite a few of them?

Simon
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 09:58 PM   #16
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliderpass View Post
I don't suppose you guys know where all the meguiars preferred car washing places are in Sydney?

I know there's one in baulkham hills, but there should be quite a few of them?

Simon
There's one on Broadway near USyd which is the same company as the one in Baulkham Hills. That's the extent of my knowledge

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 07:19 AM   #17
bcoz
spectator
Australia
Rep
Drives: 330d Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
There's one on Broadway near USyd which is the same company as the one in Baulkham Hills. That's the extent of my knowledge
SCW Express Detailing was the detailer in Broadway/Chippendale. I last used them about 2 years ago (but no longer live in the area)...
http://db.meguiars.com.au/news_1.htm

However, if they are the same as SCW (Express Detailing) Pty Ltd, then they may have gone bust...
http://insolvencyappointments.com.au...g-pty-ltd.html
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 08:59 AM   #18
MrBBQwer
Private First Class
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: E93 325i, is350 F

SCW Express Detailing was the detailer in Broadway/Chippendale

closed down since about 6months ago.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 07:04 PM   #19
Ascari
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 AW 1M - 08 X3 MSport 3.0D

Guys,

Just thought I would pass on a recent great experience with OCD - www.ocdonline.com.au

I bought a mini detail from that offer on qoop.com.au that was going around for the X3. With the 1M coming, I thought I'll be a bit distracted from the X3 and wanted to make sure it got some love and attention. From the start, the communication and experience with Lionel from OCD was outstanding. Really, customer service like you would not believe. On time, responsive, extremely thorough, with a full email recap on everything done, and before and after pics posted on OCDs facebook gallery. He comes right to your house or office and does the work on the spot.

After the job was done, I asked whether he thinks it needs a clay bar next time, and, instead of just selling the service, he actually said it doesn't need it and that a good wax is probably sufficient. In other words, an honest appraisal instead of just selling me services without thought to the long term customer relationship.

I've always enjoyed doing some of this myself, but Lionel will definitely be a regular for us. Thoroughly recommended.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 10:39 AM   #20
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep

+1 on Lionel, dealt with him in the past and have had brilliant results
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 10:45 PM   #21
sevo
Rep
Drives:

Smile Thanks for the tip

Another for Lionel at OCD

Thanks to those who put me on to him.

Just some background - recently purchased a new E92 335, side-stepped the dealer paint protection, but had been a bit slack organising an initial detail.

On researching, was tossing up between the Opticoat or Nanolex paint protection. Due to work constraints and having already delayed the process too long, I went with OCD due to Lionel's flexibility in being able to come to me and also having him juggle his appointments to squeeze me in.

Without trying to just plug the product, I can say that I was very happy with the work done - definitely much better than the pre-delivery work done by the dealer!

Here's a link for the process (yes that's my car).
http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/show...-Sealant-Range

I've just done a basic home wash since and so far the car has come up nicely. Will be interested to see how it holds up in 6-12months' time.

Meanwhile, still looking for a decent (cheap!) car wash option that won't damage the paintwork - so I'm all ears...

Thanks again all - and Lionel too!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #22
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep

Your paint looks flawless!

Make sure you come to the meet Oct 16!

and the 313s look sex.
Appreciate 0