E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Please help! Changed Starter and having issues

07-31-2014, 08:25 PM   #1
HeyUFaque
Rep
Drives: 06' 330i

Angry Please help! Changed Starter and having issues

I have a 2006 330i with ~125k miles. My starter recently went out and I was able to replace it (and the crankcase breather hose) using the following links:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/tech...eplacement.htm

http://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/tech...eplacement.htm

I ran into a couple of snaps but was able to complete the job without too much trouble. I labeled all the wires as I took them out and once I got everything (as i thought) back in place my car had a long crank and after 3-5 sec the engine would turn over. The engine started out sounding very sluggy but leveled out and sounded normal but the issue is that there is smoking coming out around the area where the new crankcase breather hose and there are a few check control messages (transmission malfunction, R,N,D may not be possible)

So I took everything apart again and noticed this wire has no label and was disconnect. Can anyone identify this wire and know where it goes?

The number on the plug is BMW 7511984 but I can't find anything on the internet for this. The wire is located in the wiring harness directly under the throttle body and it roughly 12 inches in length so I assume it has to go somewhere relatively close.

Anyone have any ideas? Please help! Thanks!

Last edited by HeyUFaque; 07-31-2014 at 09:31 PM..
Appreciate 0