E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Remote Starters

01-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
poorboysjon
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 328

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Remote Starters

I know I'm new to this forum, and have replied to a few remote start questions already. So you can take the info I give for what it is.

When it comes to remote starters the question isn't can I but how much work, cost and know how is involved. If your willing to spend the time and money any engine can be remote starter, heck I know a guy that has installed remote start on a generator for a customer.

Granted Some vehicles can be very hard to wire and make work.

But when it comes to BMW your looking at one of two things most of the time. I have never personally tried either on a 7 series, and probably will never see one come through my door.

A: A key wrap and allot of wiring to various point under the dash. ie an 2004 X3 which requires an extra bmw ignition ring. The door locks have to be done in a certain manner as its a single wire system. The park lights also require a relay to break the circuit. The alarm is a negative pulse for arm and disarm.

B: A key wrap and an integration unit. ie an e90 which I find works best with Fortins INT BMW2 and Evo Can. There are actually very few physical connections to be made. Can wires are piggy backed, two brake wires are split and redirected through the Evo can module. Alarm , door locks, trunk, tach, door pins, trunk pin, and e-brake are all done through the can system.
This type of system is very easy to wire, you can even use the factory hood pins by connecting to the hood pin wire located behind the glove box. The INT BMW2 plugs into the ignition and ignition harness, no cutting soldering or splicing.

A list of fortin supported vehicles
1 series 2007 - 2011
3 series 2005 - 2011
5 series 2005 - 2010
x5 2007 - 2011
x6 2008 - 2011
and mini cooper 2008 -2011
http://www.ifar.ca

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
Appreciate 0