E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Anyone fitted a Blinder system to their car?

11-05-2010, 11:38 AM   #23
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPO View Post
Fast ive read the Laser pro park is no longer being sold as the company behind it has been dissolved / gone into liquidation for tax reasons.
Imo, anyone who plans on using such a system so that they can drive like a loon everywhere shouldnt be on the road to begin with. However when someone uses it against the sneeky policeman sitting round the corner with his speed trap where the speed limit goes from 60mph - 40mph and he tries to get them slightly over the limit as they immediately come into the zone. Then thats just not fair game.
It always seems to me that they like to get you for speeding on the roads which arent necessarily dangerous for the public, e.g. straight roads coming into or out of dual carriageways. They never sit in areas where the speed is critical to the safety of the public, e.g. sharp bends / schools entrances etc.
Im sorry but they should be concentrating on these areas and not those where a quick buck can be earned!
Rant over!
I agree, pure and simple they go out to make money.
      11-05-2010, 11:48 AM   #24
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
If the bloke wants to fit something to his motor, who are we to preach otherwise? lets not forget the non motorway speed limit of 60 mph are a rarity these days, give it a few years and 50mph will be as rare, some of the speed limits in the country are a joke, 40 mph on duel carriageways for example
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 11:55 AM   #25
FPO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Btw Will how much do you want for your BMW 3 series manual? £5

You must admit creepy, all cars are becoming less economical, worse brakes and more difficult to steer in a straight line than they used to be in the 90s.
If they didnt reduce the speed limits then we would most likely all be dead by 2020.

Who ever came up with the idea of variable speed limits and that slowing a motorway down will mean the traffic will move faster?
40mph on 3 and sometimes 4 lanes, give me a break!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 06:38 AM   #26
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPO View Post
Btw Will how much do you want for your BMW 3 series manual? £5

You must admit creepy, all cars are becoming less economical, worse brakes and more difficult to steer in a straight line than they used to be in the 90s.
If they didnt reduce the speed limits then we would most likely all be dead by 2020.

Who ever came up with the idea of variable speed limits and that slowing a motorway down will mean the traffic will move faster?
40mph on 3 and sometimes 4 lanes, give me a break!
Oh dear.

I suggest you go and study how traffic flow works, or doesnt.
Traffic moving at a constant low velocity with arrive faster than if it keeps stopping due to flow breakdown.
Not rocket science.
The reason it doesnt work is due to people who think they are smart and know better (most).
And so plough on at 70 and then come to a dead halt...
      11-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #27
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1bjr View Post
Oh dear.

I suggest you go and study how traffic flow works, or doesnt.
Traffic moving at a constant low velocity with arrive faster than if it keeps stopping due to flow breakdown.
Not rocket science.
The reason it doesnt work is due to people who think they are smart and know better (most).
And so plough on at 70 and then come to a dead halt...
Totally agree....even though I like to drive as fast and safely as possible to make progress (given the prevailing conditions in terms of weather, lighting, etc), I'd rather being doing a continuous 40/50 instead of accelerating up to 70 and then back to zero again. Also, it's a lot more relaxing of the 2 situations and as long as you maintain some distance and remain observant, lot less likely to result in a rear-ender.

Last edited by 1 AKY; 11-06-2010 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: vecause
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 01:12 PM   #28
FPO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Have you guys ever tried setting your cruise control on at 40mph on the m42 at rush hour? It doesn't work.

When its not rush hour they still set it to 50 mph then change it to 40 mph for an unknown reason and it just p*sees you off when you've already done 250 miles that day.
In theory it should work but from all the miles I do, it doesn't.
Appreciate 0