E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > Pb big brake kit 335d 335i 380 mm all round up for sale/ part ex.

10-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
NJ 1161
Major
Rep
Drives: 335D M3

So, as some of you are aware I have just bought a m3 and the 335d m3 rep is going to be going up for sale.

I was going to transfer the brakes over to the m3, ( m3s don't even compare! ), but its a bit more complicated ( expensive than I thought), so very reluctantly I am offering these for part ex against your standard 335d/i set up.

They are a 'pb brake kit' and are 380mm 2 piece fronts with 8 pot calipers, pads, brackets and braided hoses. Rears are 380mm 2 piece as well but 6 pot, rear brackets and braided hoses and use orig handbrake. They are powder coated in white with BMW decals but obviously these can be painted easily or someone powder coat them in your choice of colour.

Everything you need for a complete set up. Braking is awesome and are still on the car so can be tested if quick. Prob 9 months old but car a weekend car so only covered 1500 miles, so discs like new.

These are honestly stunning to look at and performance unbelievable.

Rears,

Fronts

Above with 20s,

With 19s,

Due to the size you would need a minimum of 19 inch wheels I believe.

ƒ‚‚£1495 firm and your 335 set up ( must be in good condition) for part ex, or will sell outright.

May fit other mods such as 325 ( new brackets £200) and think they will bolt directly to 330 but need to confirm.

Cost me 2.8k inc import duty.

As said on car so if you want to test and are quick let me know. Will be heading to eBay shortly.

Can be called texts, on 07711 953828 or pmd. I'm based in Ipswich Suffolk. ( work in Stevenage)

Last edited by NJ 1161; 11-06-2012 at 03:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92

Ah what a deal!!! I wish I had the monies cause I would have snapped these off you. Free bump for a great deal!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
NJ 1161
Major
Rep

Cheers. It pains me but priced to sell as cant sell the car until this is sorted, and need to free up the cash to start modding the m3!
      10-30-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

What price are you looking for outright?

Edit. There is a set of standard rear calipers and carriers on eBay now.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #5
NJ 1161
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr
What price are you looking for outright?
Need about £400 to get full standard set up, so that on top.
      10-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #6
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Interested but am a bit unsure about what you're saying re: carriers. If they are not a standard fit, then what part is required to enable them to fit?

I have a 335i, so is there any reason why what I have now couldn't go straight onto yours and what you have can go straight onto mine?

Matt
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #7
NJ 1161
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak
Interested but am a bit unsure about what you're saying re: carriers. If they are not a standard fit, then what part is required to enable them to fit?

I have a 335i, so is there any reason why what I have now couldn't go straight onto yours and what you have can go straight onto mine?

Matt
Sorry. Def Direct swop on 335. I will edit my comment as its not clear. I was referring to other models such as 325 330 etc that may need different size carriers. I may be wrong about this. Do 335 brakes directly fit models such as 325, 330 etc?
      10-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #8
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

No idea mate I'm afraid, I suspect not based on the things I've heard over the years.

However, it's good news that we could have a straight swap on the cards. I'm miles away though up in Leeds, though I do know a man (Ant1985) who might do the swap for us (but it would take all day.)

Is that the kind of process you're thinking of? Or do you use the car infrequently enough that you could post them, I could swap mine off and then post to you (for example.)

Anyway I'm interested and you're in the right ball park price wise for me.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #9
NJ 1161
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
No idea mate I'm afraid, I suspect not based on the things I've heard over the years.

However, it's good news that we could have a straight swap on the cards. I'm miles away though up in Leeds, though I do know a man (Ant1985) who might do the swap for us (but it would take all day.)

Is that the kind of process you're thinking of? Or do you use the car infrequently enough that you could post them, I could swap mine off and then post to you (for example.)

Anyway I'm interested and you're in the right ball park price wise for me.

Matt
Don't use the car at all so could do 'post' exchange so to speak! Price is a 'firm' price and your brakes would need to be good. Cheers nick
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #10
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

My brakes are like any other really. 2009 car, did 21000 miles on these disks and pads before I changed them to updated parts. The disks and pads have therefore been off for 3 months or so. They are clean and tidy with nothing remarkable to report.

I honestly don't know how old/new the pads were because I only had the car since Feb. I suspect the pads are not the first set as there is some life in them yet.

Can you link to a spec sheet for the setup you're selling at all please? I've not actually heard of this setup, so I'd like to have a read.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #11
NJ 1161
Major
Rep

Quote:
My brakes are like any other really. 2009 car, did 21000 miles on these disks and pads before I changed them to updated parts. The disks and pads have therefore been off for 3 months or so. They are clean and tidy with nothing remarkable to report.

I honestly don't know how old/new the pads were because I only had the car since Feb. I suspect the pads are not the first set as there is some life in them yet.

Can you link to a spec sheet for the setup you're selling at all please? I've not actually heard of this setup, so I'd like to have a read.

Matt
Just need them to be fully working and not in need of replacement parts!

Spec from website,

Minimum wheel size: 19"

PB Brake kits take stopping power to the next level! Everything required for installation is included in the kit, and no modification is required as each of our kits has been specifically designed for your vehicle. Unlike other brands in the same price range, we offer 8 different sizes of caliper to perfectly match each rotor diameter, and we refuse to offer oversized calipers on small rotors just to look good. PB kits are precision engineered, utilizing state of the art CNC technology and using only the finest materials. There truly is no better value for money brakes on the market today.

Rotors
Our rotors are manufactured from high grade FC250 alloy with anti-rust coating. They utilze large vents to dissipate heat more efficiently. Center caps are made from aerospace grade aluminium we hard anodizing electrolyte treatment for improved durability. Each rotor is manufactured to a tolerance of +/- 0.02mm to ensure perfect balancing. Any rotor that does not meet our high QC standards will not leave the factory.

Calipers
Calipers are made from high quality aluminium, squeeze forged, and finished with an anti-rust coating. They include internal oil and dust seals for protection against the elements. We offer 8 different sizes of caliper to suit each size of rotor. Calipers are available in 18 anodized or powder coated finishes (please see chart below).

Brake Pads
We also manufacture our own high quality street and race brake pads. They include heat plates to imporove heat dissipation and reduce noise. Replacement pads are not specific to PB Brake kits and are available from either ourselves or any major pad manufacturer.

Street pads
Optimal operating temp: 0-450C
Coefficient of friction: 0.32-0.40µ
Race pads
Optimal operating temp: 80-700C
Coefficient of friction: 0.40-0.52µ

Brake Lines
Each kit includes a set of DOT compliant stainless steel braided brake lines, with waterproof PVC coating. They are vehicle specific, so additional adaptors are required. The lines also have clips attached to make life easier when installing.

Brackets
Brackets are made from high strength steel alloy, manufactured specifically for each vehicle application. Again, no modification or adaptors required. Strong, durable, reliable.
Options
Rotors are available in drilled, slotted, or drilled+slotted patterns for no extra cost.

Floating rotors are available for £200 extra per set of 2.
Selection of 18 anodized caliper colours to choose from. Powder coating available for £60 extra.
Streed compound brake pads included as standard, Race compound pads £40 extra

http://www.phatboybrakes.com/380mm-8-Pot-Kit-FRONT.php

Link to front kit. Same kit as some more expensive suppliers.
      10-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #12
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Interesting. Do want, but struggling (like most I guess) to overcome the idea that these are as good as AP's or whatever. I've had a read of some of Dan (Newtons) posts and he does seem a legit enough chap, but it's a big chunk of dough.

How did you overcome those worries?
I take it you've had no problems etc?
Have you done any track days yet or anything?
Aside from (I'm sure) a noticeable difference in stopping power, is the car any more hard work to drive or anything?
Have you found any decent reviews etc which helped put you at ease when you first bought?

Matt
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #13
NJ 1161
Major
Rep

Quote:
Interesting. Do want, but struggling (like most I guess) to overcome the idea that these are as good as AP's or whatever. I've had a read of some of Dan (Newtons) posts and he does seem a legit enough chap, but it's a big chunk of dough.

How did you overcome those worries?
I take it you've had no problems etc?
Have you done any track days yet or anything?
Aside from (I'm sure) a noticeable difference in stopping power, is the car any more hard work to drive or anything?
Have you found any decent reviews etc which helped put you at ease when you first bought?

Matt
Just come and test them! Had same worries. Went for it based that branded kits would be 5-6 k! the sale price is a lot of money but not in terms of full brake set up, its actually not!

Had great service from dan. Nothing less than perfect. No track days. Never done one.

Only prob I had was due to worn control arms on my car caused vibration. Not to do with brakes. Just the bbk kit accentuated the issue!

Brakes are stunning and performance unbelievable. Far superior to my m3. No risk as you can try them!

Been reviewed by fast car etc, but basically you can see they are quality kit. Car drives normally, but touch the pedal and they are quick to respond. Don't need any more reviews as lived with them for 9 months and recommend.

Pm me if any more qs.
      11-01-2012, 03:38 AM   #14
NJ 1161
Major
Rep

Available still. No firm offer yet.
      11-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #15
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Gents (and most specifically NJ),

I just want to make my position clear. I'm still interested, though I haven't made a firm offer or paid any deposit etc, as I'm still undecided.

There is an added complication in that interested, definite or any other status is irrelevant today as I go to Mexico on Saturday and have no means of sorting this out before then, so it would be unfair for me to make the op an offer (or even really leave a deposit) which might otherwise delay the sale of his car, because he wouldn't have my brakes to put on to sell it.

I'll have a good think about it whilst I'm away, as this does look too good an opportunity to miss for what all the reviews I've read suggest are good brakes. That said, it's a fat wedge and with a lot of expenditure recently I need to make sure I am happy to spend it.

If they sell in the meantime, good luck to the buyer. If not, who knows what will happen when I return

Matt
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #16
skelts
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

This is going to be a pretty good deal for someone . I'd consider these myself but ive already got other things lined up or i'd be knocking on his door .

Audi RS5 - Sold
BMW 640d Gran Coupe
BMW F80 M3
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #17
NJ 1161
Major
Rep

Quote:
Gents (and most specifically NJ),

I just want to make my position clear. I'm still interested, though I haven't made a firm offer or paid any deposit etc, as I'm still undecided.

There is an added complication in that interested, definite or any other status is irrelevant today as I go to Mexico on Saturday and have no means of sorting this out before then, so it would be unfair for me to make the op an offer (or even really leave a deposit) which might otherwise delay the sale of his car, because he wouldn't have my brakes to put on to sell it.

I'll have a good think about it whilst I'm away, as this does look too good an opportunity to miss for what all the reviews I've read suggest are good brakes. That said, it's a fat wedge and with a lot of expenditure recently I need to make sure I am happy to spend it.

If they sell in the meantime, good luck to the buyer. If not, who knows what will happen when I return

Matt
Thanks for your honesty, but you are right, whilst they are on the car I can't put the car up for sale. It's likely I will leave available for part ex ( 2 weeks maybe) but at a point, I will put the set I've been offered then remove these. They would obviously still be available but at the higher cash price. Pretty sure these would fly out on eBay.

Thanks skelts. Gutted to part with them, but need to prioritise as you are and conversion to fit m3 dosnt make financial sense.

So available for part ex or sale, chaps.
      11-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #18
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Funnily enough I cleaned up my OEM front brakes today,and sprayed the hubs whilst off the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelts View Post
This is going to be a pretty good deal for someone . I'd consider these myself but ive already got other things lined up or i'd be knocking on his door .
If my car wasn't going , Nick's set would already have been sold to me,and would already be on the way

Best of luck with the sale,looks like a stonking deal to me

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 03:37 PM   #19
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

I'd have thought if they are here when I'm back I'll go for them, so I'm not sure whether I hope they are or aren't on my return lol! You know how these things go when you wanna be saving and something unmissable comes up!

Matt
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #20
NJ 1161
Major
Rep

They've cleaned up nicely. Thanks HC
      11-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #21
NJ 1161
Major
Rep

Confirmed these will fit 330 models, all e9x variants, but p/ ex would be no good. Straight cash sale only if 330 owner ( orig discs too small to swop)
      11-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #22
NJ 1161
Major
Rep

Bump