E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > Assistance with DIY battery install (Denver Metro)

11-19-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
5280xi
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

Assistance with DIY battery install (Denver Metro)

Hi there -
I'm wondering if any Denver area folks can help out with a DIY battery install, namely assisting with remapping the new battery to the car.
Please email me at telegrammatic [at] gmail [dot] com if you can help out. I'll be happy to compensate you via a case beer of your choice. :-)

The car is a 06 330xi.

Thanks!

Last edited by 5280xi; 11-19-2011 at 10:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
ar design
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 M3

I have a BT tool
      11-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #3
5280xi
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

Thanks a ton Andrew. After some further research, it appears that my OEM battery has an "eye" that indicates battery life. There's a green/black/yellow status -- yellow being the status that indicates replacement. Mine's still on black but I have a sneaking suspicion that it will turn yellow soon. The battery seems to struggle in colder temps (which it didn't do last year).

I don't know if you've seen this thread, but it's a great write-up.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292200

If you don't mind, I'll reach out when the yellow status crops up -- I'm guessing in the next month or so.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
Dackz
Hates Speed Limits
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar design View Post
I have a BT tool
The BT cable registers the battery??? SWEET!!! So glad I have one too!
      11-22-2011, 09:23 PM   #5
ar design
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 M3

Sounds good
      08-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #6
aeonaeon
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328xi

need help with 328xi battery replacement

Folks

I have 07 328xi and today afternoon it wont start up while i returned to a parking lot after a meeting. i guess after a few failed start up attempts i realise the the battery might be shot. ( its been running for 7 years). soon after all kinds of error messages started flashing and then it got to a point where it would not do anything. I tried jump starting with a friends help but it tries very hard but cant get itself to start up. Looks like i need a new battery and need to replace it.

Ideally i would go the dealership but i am guessing that this might be an expensive affair and looking at all the DYI options i am wondering if somebody can help me with the replacement and also the battery programming.

If any of the folks don't mind helping me get it installed and getting it reprog i would be more than happy to buy you couple of cases of beer that you fancy .

Also could you let me know best place to order a replacement battery .

Please excuse my ignorance and the fact that i am a newbie when it comes to cars tech.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #7
aeonaeon
Registered
Rep

so brought and installed the battery myself. the car is running fine now. I still need to registration done. anybody with the BT cable that can help me register the car ? i will buy you 2 cases of your fav beer .
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
aeonaeon
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280xi View Post
Thanks a ton Andrew. After some further research, it appears that my OEM battery has an "eye" that indicates battery life. There's a green/black/yellow status -- yellow being the status that indicates replacement. Mine's still on black but I have a sneaking suspicion that it will turn yellow soon. The battery seems to struggle in colder temps (which it didn't do last year).

I don't know if you've seen this thread, but it's a great write-up.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292200

If you don't mind, I'll reach out when the yellow status crops up -- I'm guessing in the next month or so.

Thanks!
Did you end up replacing your battery and registering it. i just replaced mine but still need to register the same...
Appreciate 0