E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Sac valley member chat thread

05-04-2014, 12:28 PM   #3587
carlos916
Semper Fi
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 ///M5

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin View Post
Hey guys! isn't there a dealership in Sacramento that price matches with getbmwparts.com? I know for sure not elk Grove
nope.. i tried to have them match them for my BPE and they actually told me to get stuff from Getbmwparts instead lol
      05-04-2014, 03:50 PM   #3588
gre8tw8LL
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 535i

Nello BMW on Fulton will price match. Talk to mike Lawyer and tell him Cliff sent you. Just be sure to bring the print out of the price from getbmwparts.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin View Post
Hey guys! isn't there a dealership in Sacramento that price matches with getbmwparts.com? I know for sure not elk Grove
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 08:09 PM   #3589
enigma99a
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 ZCP M3

I'm starting to think about a smog test which will probably need to be done in the summer. Currently do not have catless DP, but I do have a BOV and some other things. Is there a place in Sac that is mod friendly? Please PM me if you are aware of a place.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 08:19 PM   #3590
melvin
steady lurking
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos916 View Post
nope.. i tried to have them match them for my BPE and they actually told me to get stuff from Getbmwparts instead lol
haha where did you go to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gre8tw8LL View Post
Nello BMW on Fulton will price match. Talk to mike Lawyer and tell him Cliff sent you. Just be sure to bring the print out of the price from getbmwparts.com
sweet thanks!! i remember some of you guys were talking about it in here once before and i didn't remember which dealership it was

my serpentine belt snapped while i was at a red light and lost power steering. the one in elk grove was charging me close to $400 for parts. i was like hell no
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 10:26 AM   #3591
CharleyGFX
"Best Since Best"
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster84 View Post
Haha yeah, I'm so ready to be out of CA. I'm looking forward to adding Down pipe to the car when i get there I love how florida is so relaxed on cars, CA is the worst place in existence for modified cars. I couldn't stand the issues i had with my mustang.

If you haven't heard CA is going to charge people 5c per mile to drive their cars one day. Apparently CA isn't the only state considering this, but you can almost Guarantee people will move to states that don't. Bussiness that use trucks will move out of the states fast than a road runner can say "Meep Meep"

0.05 cent's per mile is very high if you think about it. On top of that they are recording you Driving! What next, anyone that goes over 80mph gets an automatic ticket? Now the cops, government will know exactly where you are at all times. I hope people fight back against stuff like this.

Over the last decade they have done everything to push people into electric vehicles and now that a lot of people are in them the US uses a lot less gas than they used, so now they need to find a way to tax those who use less gas, which means that those who invested in electric vehicles are now going to take 10 years longer to make it worth buying over a normal gas vehicle... Man the people in Office need to retire already...

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...r-mile-driven/
You and I are trading places, what part of Florida are you moving to? I'm actually from Tallahassee, Floridas capital.. and moving to Sac California's capital.

btw. Florida is SUPER easy on cars.. catless everywhere, GUNS everywhere too.. lol I'm gonna miss the gun laws here, that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzi View Post
Du maaaa.. Ill trade you some lint and com tam bi cha suong nuong cha gio, and some mam.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 08:34 PM   #3592
puppydax
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [0.00]
2016 Viper ACR  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Hey guys, I have a JB+ for sale that's came off of my 07 E90 335i. Only asking for $110. In Sac/Roseville, thanks!

916-512-0347.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #3593
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I X-Drive E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyGFX View Post
You and I are trading places, what part of Florida are you moving to? I'm actually from Tallahassee, Floridas capital.. and moving to Sac California's capital.

btw. Florida is SUPER easy on cars.. catless everywhere, GUNS everywhere too.. lol I'm gonna miss the gun laws here, that's about it.
Yikes... I hope your moving here for a good job... I'm born and raised in Sacramento and have been wanting to leave for a very long time, but never had the funds to be able to do so till now. I could have gone to LA, but that place is more expensive and there is smog everywhere. If your looking for a semi nice calm place to calm down and retire then this is a the place for you. The crime rate has risen though over the last decade since most oakland people sold there homes and moved out to sacramento/elk grove when prices jumped through the roof in 2006.

If your hoping for Bars and Clubs and the party scene, move to LA or the bay area. Sacramento is one of the most boring cities and it gets very hot (dry) upto 110 at times during the summer and winter it gets to 30 or below; although florida has humidity, but i like waking up to 70 degree weather instead of 50 and below lol. Right now CA is in a big water Drought, so don't expect to wash your car or water your lawn often.

If you do any modifications to you car you will hate CA. You can't change anything on the car and keep it legal unless you have a Carb number. This goes for people moving into the state as well, so if you removed the stock intake, exhaust, or anything else be pre-paired to swap it back to stock in order to register your car. If it doesn't have a Carb number on the part and get caught by a cop with it, it's an instant $500 ticket and you get sent to the referee (had that happen). Even changing your stock intake filter or intercooler is illegal without a carb number. You will get away with mods for the most part as long as you keep them mild and hope you don't get a cop that loves authority and wants to inspect your engine bay. You also have to refer it back to stock every 2 years for smog. BTW ticket prices here are threw the roof, so if you don't mind a $500 ticket for a red light, stop sign, or 5 over the speed limit then you'll be ok. Your insurance will go up like crazy if you do get a ticket though.

If you currently have a gun your probably better off selling it unless you can get your license to have it before you come. Automatic guns became illegal in CA not to long ago and if you have ever had a mental condition (ADD, Depression, or anything else mentally related) you won't be able to get a license either. If you've ever committed a crime you can't have a gun. CA has a lot more laws that you might not ever expect. CA is one of the the most expensive places to live except for Sac since Sac prices are similar to west palm beach houses, but the cost of living is high.. CA also has a 9.3% state income tax and since florida has 0 you will feel that tax more if your self employed (mostly because you also have the self employment tax). The Gas tax is at 75c a gallon i believe and its rising, although i think florida gas prices are pretty much near ours. In 10 years people will end up paying a 5c per mile tax if the bill passes at the capital.

Overall CA if a nice place to live, just be prepared to deal with a lot of crap. At least medical marijuana is legal lol. I'm not trying to talk Down CA, or try and convince you not to come just stating the obvious since florida is one of the more relaxing states on alot of typical stuff. There are many happy CA residents who came from florida, although i think most of them ended up in the LA area.

Sacramento isn't as bad as it sounds either, but its no party town. There are no theme parks (all the good ones are in LA and nor cal residents don't get discounts only southern CA). There is now only one Mall in Sacramento since the downtown plaza is going to be the home of the kings now. We do have the State Fair, but thats Ehh to me, but to most its fun. I worked there for 5 years during and after high school and after that i never wanted to go back lol.

I'm not sure about the capital of florida, but I'm going to the west palm beach, boca area since it has a night life and it's near by Miami and most of the theme parks (2-4 hours away).
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)

Last edited by buster84; 05-09-2014 at 12:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 01:45 PM   #3594
ALPINWEISS330i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: N52

Quote:
The lady on the phone wouldn't price match for the items I wanted below, because the prices were at their cost.

Getbmwparts $7 Neillo $11
Getbmwparts $24 Neillo $37
Getbmwparts $23 Neillo $29

I wish we have a local online shop for OEM parts.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 11:23 PM   #3595
jo2dv390
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINWEISS330i
Quote:
The lady on the phone wouldn't price match for the items I wanted below, because the prices were at their cost.

Getbmwparts $7 Neillo $11
Getbmwparts $24 Neillo $37
Getbmwparts $23 Neillo $29

I wish we have a local online shop for OEM parts.
Anything below a ten dollar difference should be worth getting locally because by the time you buy online and pay for shipping it will end up being the same price out the door
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2014, 01:57 AM   #3596
ALPINWEISS330i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo2dv390 View Post
Anything below a ten dollar difference should be worth getting locally because by the time you buy online and pay for shipping it will end up being the same price out the door
That's true if you're just buying a couple small ticket item. But when youre buying lots of parts, the savings add up. Those were just a few of the items I was ordering. I placed my order with FCP instead, and I probably saved about $100 vs at the dealer. Free shipping and no tax FTW.

Honestly, if the dealers doesnt charge such a premium for parts, I dont mind paying a little extra to get it locally.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2014, 11:14 AM   #3597
tlegend
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i

Trying to sell my 17" wheels and tires I am in sac if anyone is interested

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=983221
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2014, 09:48 PM   #3598
dbjb
I sweat pheromones
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, retired SLK55

Need a welding shop in the area

Well, I replaced my thermostat and water pump. Everything went well BUT one important thing. When reinstalling my sway bar, I used my newly purchased torque wrench. Now either this thing is defective or its poorly built. I now know I should have tested it first. Long story short, I couldn't hear or feel a click and I over-torqued a nut on my front sway bar. The result? I broke 1 mounting bolt so now there's only 3 connections keeping my front sway bar in place. I now need a new bolt welded on or something to that result.

For reference, I snapped off a bolt holding the "03 stabilizer support" in the first image. It attaches to the subframe just above "11" in the second image.

Please recommend a good welding shop in/around Sacramento. Or, any other guidance/support. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 02:04 AM   #3599
SacTownN54
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335i Convertible

BT or INPA cable in Sac

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if I could get some help doing the Alpina flash and back end flash in my 2010 E93. I don't have either cable, but as I understand I don't need a new cable to do what I'm looking for. If anyone has the cables and knowledge to help me out, I wouldn't mind paying a reasonable rental/install fee.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 01:33 AM   #3600
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbjb View Post
Well, I replaced my thermostat and water pump. Everything went well BUT one important thing. When reinstalling my sway bar, I used my newly purchased torque wrench. Now either this thing is defective or its poorly built. I now know I should have tested it first. Long story short, I couldn't hear or feel a click and I over-torqued a nut on my front sway bar. The result? I broke 1 mounting bolt so now there's only 3 connections keeping my front sway bar in place. I now need a new bolt welded on or something to that result.

For reference, I snapped off a bolt holding the "03 stabilizer support" in the first image. It attaches to the subframe just above "11" in the second image.

Please recommend a good welding shop in/around Sacramento. Or, any other guidance/support. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
haven't been on the forum for awhile... just read your post Dan. so did you just snapped it and can you back the bolt out? is the hole a through design or it stops somewhere. i remember when i did my BBK setup, i used a wrong tq spec and snapped the caliper bracket bolt and lucky the hole was open on the other end, so i just kept turning it until it went out from the other end and went to dealer to buy the specific tq bolt.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 08:43 AM   #3601
dbjb
I sweat pheromones
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok
Quote:

Thanks!
haven't been on the forum for awhile... just read your post Dan. so did you just snapped it and can you back the bolt out? is the hole a through design or it stops somewhere. i remember when i did my BBK setup, i used a wrong tq spec and snapped the caliper bracket bolt and lucky the hole was open on the other end, so i just kept turning it until it went out from the other end and went to dealer to buy the specific tq bolt.
It's a bit trickier than that. Nonetheless, I figured out a solution. You can search for my other thread in the suspension forum. All okay now

Thanks brotha
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 02:05 AM   #3602
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5

Garage List
Quote:
It's a bit trickier than that. Nonetheless, I figured out a solution. You can search for my other thread in the suspension forum. All okay now

Thanks brotha
wow! great DIY!! glad you had it all fixed. been so crazy at work and i don't even have chance to touch my laptop/pc in a daily basis now... also getting ready for the 2nd one in late July... too many shit to do/catch up, so little time...
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 11:29 PM   #3603
white08135i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08e90335i

Can anyone here code headlights for a 2011 335?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 12:00 AM   #3604
niners
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

To anyone that has transferred the registration of a car from one state to another. What are the transfer fees like? You don't have to pay sales tax with this type of transfers, correct?

I have a car currently registered in CA, I will be moving to CO monday and want to see what kind of fees to expect once I get to the CO DMV. I'm sure hope they don't charge sales tax again...
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 11:59 PM   #3605
dbjb
I sweat pheromones
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok
Quote:

Thanks brotha
wow! great DIY!! glad you had it all fixed. been so crazy at work and i don't even have chance to touch my laptop/pc in a daily basis now... also getting ready for the 2nd one in late July... too many shit to do/catch up, so little time...
Congrats on the baby! That's exciting stuff! I totally understand how work and family consumes your time... In a good way of course!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 01:15 AM   #3606
harkirath
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i e90

Wow haven't posted here in a while.

First real hot day of the summer and my AC was like crap. Haven't had it recharged or the system checked (MY 2009). Think I might need to have that done or is it just due to today's temperatures?

Also, I got a right front parking light malfunction and I'm running Lux H8 V3s. Just over one year so I don't Lux will warranty it. Likely the LUX bulb went out or something else?
      07-01-2014, 02:04 AM   #3607
stashtrey
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335xi TiAg

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by harkirath View Post
Wow haven't posted here in a while.

First real hot day of the summer and my AC was like crap. Haven't had it recharged or the system checked (MY 2009). Think I might need to have that done or is it just due to today's temperatures?

Also, I got a right front parking light malfunction and I'm running Lux H8 V3s. Just over one year so I don't Lux will warranty it. Likely the LUX bulb went out or something else?
Hey bro. I picked up an ac manifold kit for testing and charging several months ago. I fixed mine to ICE COLD and did my brother's e39 M5. It is pretty easy and the kit cost $30 at harbour Freight. Can of refrigerant is $25 and you get $10 back for the core. If you decide to try it out I'd be happy to send you some pointers. (Unless of course you already know... in that case I will just pipe down..ha)

I have Lux on my e90 and have had one malfunction a few times but a fee slaps to the headlight housing knocked it back on. Haven't had a problem for over a year now. Worth a few whacks!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 12:07 PM   #3608
harkirath
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by stashtrey View Post
Hey bro. I picked up an ac manifold kit for testing and charging several months ago. I fixed mine to ICE COLD and did my brother's e39 M5. It is pretty easy and the kit cost $30 at harbour Freight. Can of refrigerant is $25 and you get $10 back for the core. If you decide to try it out I'd be happy to send you some pointers. (Unless of course you already know... in that case I will just pipe down..ha)

I have Lux on my e90 and have had one malfunction a few times but a fee slaps to the headlight housing knocked it back on. Haven't had a problem for over a year now. Worth a few whacks!
Pointers would be great. I imagine the dealership will charge quite a bit to just recharge it.

Also tried the whack method on the headlight and still no go on the right DRL. My car is due for servicing anyways but I don't want to go in with a faulty LUX light and an error message because I am still under CPO for one more year.