E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Recommendations for new exhaust - 320i auto - Based in UK

10-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
SA320
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Recommendations for new exhaust - 320i auto - Based in UK

Hey guys

I’m exploring the idea of changing the standard, one oval exhaust on my 320i – the reason for changing is purely for sound.

Before any of you 335 owners come along and have a go about why I’m making my car look like yours – I’m not . I’m not going down the one exhaust on each side.. all I want is a double exhaust (just the back box and tips, not the whole system) to replace the fairly quiet oval one.

I know that I can’t get a huge amount of sound with the 320i, however after going through some posts on here, I came across the BMW performance exhaust for the 320i and it sounds great! Yes, I have an auto – but I have the steptronic and sports mode so can be in control of the sound!

*The sound I’m wanting*: that screaming sound that the BMW performance one gives! Only thing – the cost. Due to other financial commitments and the Mrs, I cant justify spending that much on it.

I don’t want anything chavvy or hugely loud like the old max power cars.. just the sound that the BMW performance gives (yes I know I keep mentioning that one – if only I could afford it!).

The threads that I’ve seen mention Schmiedmann, Remus, BMW Performance and a few others independent companies who make their own systems.

Unfortunately, the Schmiedmann is a bit out of my budget, the Remus ones sounds a bit too chavvy for me from what I’ve seen on youtube clips (please correct me if I’m wrong and apologies if I am).

I went through a members post on here (Thanks Ish!) and his set up sounds great. Complete new back box with tips and he also has a 320 and from what I can see on his video clip, it sounds really nice. Best part is that he got it done for just under £200! (from MIJ Exhausts in Birmingham) That’s within my budget J

This is his:

Only thing is, that’s about 3 hours away from me and although I wouldn’t mind travelling that far, I wanted to see if anyone could recommend a place in or around the Herts area, as that’s where I’m mainly based.

Given what I’m looking for (sound: scream / price: within £200 / Look: OEM looking double tips) I’d really appreciate if I could have your thoughts and recommendations of what I could go for and any places nearer than Birmingham.

Many thanks!

S
Appreciate 0