E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > e92 m-sport ordered! :) hello everyone

03-15-2007, 12:26 PM   #1
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

e92 m-sport ordered! :) hello everyone

Hello everyone, I've been an avid reader of these forums for so long now, apologies for the lack of posting! Please forgive me.
Sorry for another "I’ve ordered" post, but I cannot help it... and it may ease the pain of the wait.
In a nutshell, i have had a 500 quid deposit on a e92 m3 for almost 2 years now, but i have decided to go for a 335i now the m-sport is out (well I’m also very impatient)
I think the car will have as much power as I could ever need, especially due to the fact I am driving a 2.0 mondeo!
I’ve gone for:

E92 m-sport – sapphire black
225m rims
Sat nav pro/Bluetooth/voice
Grey poplar wood
Auto (only cos I drive in London and I seen this video http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...8101779a39.htm – still scared tho as I have been driving manuals for 12 years and I don’t want to forgot how to!)
Usb (6fl)
Coral red
Heated seats
Folding and dimming mirrors
Front sensors
Glad I went for these rims, as this picture from BMWMB on the m-sport forum shows

with a stroke of luck I put the deposit down (£1000) on the 27th Feb, and I haven’t been affected by the prices rises (think its about £650 on this model) that came into effect.
I visited the dealer (inchcape cooper) a few days later to finalise the spec. It came to a grand total of £41,600 ish. I managed to negotiate the price down to 40,250 and signed on the dotted line. However I am worried now because I have seen other posts were people have got 8% off I could have got the logic 7 etc and feel gutted that I probably haven’t got the best deal.

I am due to part exchange my mondeo and perhaps I can get the dealer to pay a bit more for this to compensate. The upper price on the website he used (hpinfo.co.uk) was £4,300, I was thinking I could push for £5000 especially as I am very tempted to go for the 5 years service and maintenance and perhaps the shortfall or gap insurance.
My delivery date is down for the end of May, and I was hoping this may come forward! Its torture waiting, however I am to the Caribbean in a few weeks with my girlfriend, this may ease the pain and will be bringing a print out of the manual (god I am sad) I have also started smoking again!! After giving up at new year.
Thanks for reading.

Daz
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2007, 12:28 PM   #2
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

plus i have also got a loan out for 25G to pay for it and will finance the rest with money in my account/overdraft. Anyone recommend using BMW finance leasing etc????

Or how about paying cash, i could barter with the dealer on the service and maintenance side. Mind you i dont want to get mugged.

Thanks

Last edited by dazzapb; 03-15-2007 at 12:51 PM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2007, 04:23 PM   #3
330cdsport
Right Responsible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW F21 M135i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post

with a stroke of luck I put the deposit down (£1000) on the 27th Feb, and I haven’t been affected by the prices rises (think its about £650 on this model) that came into effect.
I visited the dealer (inchcape cooper) a few days later to finalise the spec. It came to a grand total of £41,600 ish. I managed to negotiate the price down to 40,250 and signed on the dotted line. However I am worried now because I have seen other posts were people have got 8% off I could have got the logic 7 etc and feel gutted that I probably haven’t got the best deal.

I am due to part exchange my mondeo and perhaps I can get the dealer to pay a bit more for this to compensate. The upper price on the website he used (hpinfo.co.uk) was £4,300, I was thinking I could push for £5000 especially as I am very tempted to go for the 5 years service and maintenance and perhaps the shortfall or gap insurance.
My delivery date is down for the end of May, and I was hoping this may come forward! Its torture waiting, however I am to the Caribbean in a few weeks with my girlfriend, this may ease the pain and will be bringing a print out of the manual (god I am sad) I have also started smoking again!! After giving up at new year.
Thanks for reading.

Daz
Hi Daz,
I went thru coast2coastcars which get you a corporate contact at a BMW dealership for the best discount.
They managed to get me 11.5% discount on a well-specced 335d m sport coupe.
I just had to pay a £350 finders fee along with the £1000 deposit direct to the dealer.
I am now waiting on a Mid-May delivery (impatiently )
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2007, 04:38 PM   #4
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

hello 330! (or should that be 335d m sport nice to meet you pal

yeah i did read that on another post, thats a fantasic saving. loving your spec too..

I dont feel too bad about not getting such a great deal. think its was around 3%, as i am sure not many people ask anyway. The problem is i thought wow 3%, thinking it was good! and theres me thinking i did all my homework

I wonder what people think tho of trying to get more out of the dealer by raising the price given for the part-x... (4,300 was the best that the website he used quoted) but i am sure i could push to 5, espically if I want the service & maint. package for 5 years.

the wait is toture tho the other half is soooo fed up with BMW talk hehe

What part of N.Ireland you from mate? dad is from tyrone!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2007, 05:01 PM   #5
rjs
Major
England
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
'09 M3 (e93)  [10.00]
I got offered 6% without too much effort (but that was with no part-x deal), my dealer said he's still amazed by the number of people that don't even bother to ask for a discount!

I'd have a go at getting a better deal for the part-x, there are always other garages you can get your servicing done at if they are not kind to you.

At the end of the day though, like a lot of things in life, if you don't ask, you dont get! I'd say you've lost some leverage by already ordering but there is still the servicing aspect to barter with. What have you got to lose by asking?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2007, 05:29 PM   #6
330cdsport
Right Responsible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW F21 M135i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post
hello 330! (or should that be 335d m sport nice to meet you pal

yeah i did read that on another post, thats a fantasic saving. loving your spec too..

I dont feel too bad about not getting such a great deal. think its was around 3%, as i am sure not many people ask anyway. The problem is i thought wow 3%, thinking it was good! and theres me thinking i did all my homework

I wonder what people think tho of trying to get more out of the dealer by raising the price given for the part-x... (4,300 was the best that the website he used quoted) but i am sure i could push to 5, espically if I want the service & maint. package for 5 years.

the wait is toture tho the other half is soooo fed up with BMW talk hehe

What part of N.Ireland you from mate? dad is from tyrone!
Hi again Daz, Thanks for the comments.
You have quite a bulging spec lined up there yourself. I would love to go for the petrol 335 but cheap southern Irish diesel is just too tempting

I have read on another post somewhere that the USB port will become standard from March build cars, but not sure may be a myth.

I feel at the moment that i could nearly give back a percent or 2 discount if they could just get the car to me sooner. Patience is not one of my strong points thats for sure.

I have to just keep biting my tongue now every time I feel the need to mention the car to my wife. She just glazes over.
I suppose its the same when she starts going on about a pair of shoes or a jacket she has seen somewhere - I just go 'yeah, yeah, really?? ahh yeah thats nice!'

I am originally from Tyrone as well - Strabane to be precise (the folks place)
I am living in Banbridge now though, a smallish country town 20 miles south of Belfast.

Good luck and happing waiting!!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2007, 06:57 PM   #7
ZiM
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330cdsport View Post
I have read on another post somewhere that the USB port will become standard from March build cars, but not sure may be a myth.
i sure hope it is a myth, then i wont feel half as bad about not having it (would be pretty damn useful since everything is at my finger tips except the bleedin' ipod, only really mess with it when i'm stationary...)

couldn't care less about the 6 programmable buttons and would kinda like the chrome volume button (might retro fit it - looking at the part listing on that OEM parts site is looks perfectly doable, depends if it just pulls off anyone know?)
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2007, 07:15 PM   #8
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Nice spec dazzapb! After waiting two years already how can you call yourself impatient?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330cdsport View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiM View Post
i sure hope it is a myth
Well it's up as a £205 option on the car configurator thingy on the BMW website.

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2007, 03:00 AM   #9
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

thanks mjh93sa, fair point
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2007, 03:42 AM   #10
Slaz
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330d SE Montego Blue

Garage List
Coast 2 coast are superb. How they manage to undercut everyone else so much beats me but I'm glad they're doing it!

When I ordered mine I was initially dissapointed with Broadspeed, Drive the deal etc. as they were only offering about 3% off. Then I saw that C2C were around the 6/7% mark which was all the evidence my dealer needed to match their price!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2007, 04:23 AM   #11
ZiM
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

i managed to get my car down by about that much, the MSRP was 41k and i got the car for just under 38 (although that is on a contract hire deal now so that figure doesnt mean all that much... but they did end up unable to quote any lower and had to go directly through bmw finance to go below their boundary mark... i think my monthlies are a pretty good deal )
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2007, 01:16 PM   #12
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

I have been checking coast2coast and i can get 2500 extra off what i got with my dealer even with the prices rises on march 1st. if i cancel my order and forfit the 1,000 deposit, i still stand to get 1500 quid off.

hmm dont think its worth it, plus it will be a longer lead time and i cant wait.. just have to accept it i think. will talk to my dealer and try to get a good part x price.

thanks for the comments rjs and everyone!
Appreciate 0