E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Another low throttle oscillation with logs (edit: not solved)

07-14-2021, 03:48 PM   #23
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Bro View Post
Makes me wonder if it's the throttle pedal itself? Or maybe the throttle body since they are both electronic.
Yes, definitely could be. You may be on to something as when I did the INPA full adaptation reset, the car ran like crap and would barely idle until I did the throttle pedal reset. Then it was like a brand new car for 500 miles or so until it came back.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 04:13 PM   #24
Bimmer_Bro
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyzee125 View Post
Quote:
Makes me wonder if it's the throttle pedal itself? Or maybe the throttle body since they are both electronic.
Yes, definitely could be. You may be on to something as when I did the INPA full adaptation reset, the car ran like crap and would barely idle until I did the throttle pedal reset. Then it was like a brand new car for 500 miles or so until it came back.
Interesting ! I guess it depends how much it bothers you. Could try the pedal first since it's easy to swap. ( other than the couple hundred for the part of course )
      07-14-2021, 04:31 PM   #25
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Interesting ! I guess it depends how much it bothers you. Could try the pedal first since it's easy to swap. ( other than the couple hundred for the part of course )
It drives me absolutely nuts. I haven't even been driving the car since it came back, I don't want to end up hating the car because of it. Very motivated to get it resolved but a little lost on where to go. May try that and vanos solenoids before taking it in. It makes the shifting horrendously clunky too at times, but it's definitely not a trans issue.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 04:56 PM   #26
Bimmer_Bro
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyzee125 View Post
Quote:
It drives me absolutely nuts. I haven't even been driving the car since it came back, I don't want to end up hating the car because of it. Very motivated to get it resolved but a little lost on where to go. May try that and vanos solenoids before taking it in. It makes the shifting horrendously clunky too at times, but it's definitely not a trans issue.
Replacing the vanos is not a bad idea also. I know cleaning them can just temporarily solve issues.
I would try that and maybe the gas pedal as it's fully electrical.
      07-14-2021, 04:58 PM   #27
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Replacing the vanos is not a bad idea also. I know cleaning them can just temporarily solve issues.
I would try that and maybe the gas pedal as it's fully electrical.
Right on, I appreciate it. I'll order a set of vanos tonight and next step will be pedal or throttle body.
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2021, 04:59 PM   #28
Saif2018
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
I was thinking the same, maybe worth taking the throttle ped out and replacing it or swapping with someone
Appreciate 0