E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Lean conditions

07-06-2021, 11:26 AM   #1
Jakejacobsonn
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i f30

Lean conditions

Hey everyone I've been chasing problems with this car for about a month now.

First it was boost then misfires now Fuel trims and lpfp.

My problem now is I have crazy STFT all over the place misfires on cylinder 5 and my LPFP is crashing.

The car is in the shop now getting a set of Franken Turbos installed I asked the mechanic if he could take a look around and see if there's some sort of leak maybe in the exhaust side causing the Trims to be crazy etc. He said sure he will check the o2 sensors as well. I had a misfire in cylinder 6 a week or two ago I got a revision from Ken also I changed the seal and coupler the same time which fixed the problem. So I went ahead and ordered 5 new seals and couplers.

Hoping they may fix the problems my next problem is my LPFP is struggling its a Stage 2 from Fuelit has maybe 5k miles on it running e30/40 at first was able to never drop below 60 psi and for some reason now dips into low 50s even 49 sometimes. I did change my battery has the other died and coded it. It came out of a n20 328i it worked fine no problems after about a week i noticed the psi pretty low on the pump. Also had someone do some coding in the car messing with all kinds of stuff with Protool so maybe he did something I don't know. He was supposed to code racing seats but ended up messing with some other stuff so possibly that he changed something in it?

Ive tried resetting adaptations on MHD but that didnt help.

The car has FBO Arm relocated inlets/Vrsf outlets plugs coils all have about 5k miles I've tried different gaps on plugs same outcome.

moved the coil from 5-1 same misfire my ARF are all over so any advice or info is much appreciated.

i know is post is all over the place just wanna be able to enjoy the turbos with out chasing around problems around for months.

Heres a log on a stage 2+ E50 MHD map

https://datazap.me/u/jakejacobsonn/l...0-21-22&mark=7

Here is a log with Kens e30 custom map

https://datazap.me/u/jakejacobsonn/l...&data=20-21-22
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 12:42 PM   #2
mweisdorfer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakejacobsonn View Post
Hey everyone I've been chasing problems with this car for about a month now.

First it was boost then misfires now Fuel trims and lpfp.

My problem now is I have crazy STFT all over the place misfires on cylinder 5 and my LPFP is crashing.

The car is in the shop now getting a set of Franken Turbos installed I asked the mechanic if he could take a look around and see if there's some sort of leak maybe in the exhaust side causing the Trims to be crazy etc. He said sure he will check the o2 sensors as well. I had a misfire in cylinder 6 a week or two ago I got a revision from Ken also I changed the seal and coupler the same time which fixed the problem. So I went ahead and ordered 5 new seals and couplers.

Hoping they may fix the problems my next problem is my LPFP is struggling its a Stage 2 from Fuelit has maybe 5k miles on it running e30/40 at first was able to never drop below 60 psi and for some reason now dips into low 50s even 49 sometimes. I did change my battery has the other died and coded it. It came out of a n20 328i it worked fine no problems after about a week i noticed the psi pretty low on the pump. Also had someone do some coding in the car messing with all kinds of stuff with Protool so maybe he did something I don't know. He was supposed to code racing seats but ended up messing with some other stuff so possibly that he changed something in it?

Ive tried resetting adaptations on MHD but that didnt help.

The car has FBO Arm relocated inlets/Vrsf outlets plugs coils all have about 5k miles I've tried different gaps on plugs same outcome.

moved the coil from 5-1 same misfire my ARF are all over so any advice or info is much appreciated.

i know is post is all over the place just wanna be able to enjoy the turbos with out chasing around problems around for months.

Heres a log on a stage 2+ E50 MHD map

https://datazap.me/u/jakejacobsonn/l...-22&mark=7

Here is a log with Kens e30 custom map

https://datazap.me/u/jakejacobsonn/l...;data=20-21-22
Are you getting fuel mixture codes?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 01:33 PM   #3
Jakejacobsonn
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post
Are you getting fuel mixture codes?
I have not I did once or twice I swapped the o2 sensor plugs and it went away I think they may have been plugged in work but I don’t no honestly
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 09:21 PM   #4
zomski101
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i

What injectors do you have, how many miles on them?
      07-07-2021, 03:01 PM   #5
Jakejacobsonn
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomski101 View Post
What injectors do you have, how many miles on them?
index 12s and i have no idea how many miles are on them
Appreciate 0