E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > My Gentlemans build E90

06-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
TAM11M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i SE E90

My Gentlemans build E90

Hi guys,

I thought it would be nice if I put up my cars build thread which will be a long process but fingers crossed it will be smooth and easy.

The car, is a E90 330i manual with 147k on the clock, and I love it, drives really well and within the month of ownership I have done 1000k miles just from driving it around all the time and going for random drives, addicted to it but I have made myself calm down haha..

The car is black with lemon nappa leather. M sport steering wheel from factory and the wheel are style 162, and thats about as far as it goes for stock options.

Currently I have only installed my sub and amp for a tempt system job as the base stereo system is beyond weak..

Plans for the car are the following.

Lowering it to a sensible height as I need to be able to drive anywhere in the UK, thinking of stock sports springs or some eibachs

OEM look sound system upgrade where the sub will be hidden under the boot floor and amps hidden away, upgrade all the speakers in the car and amp them all up with an EQ. Plus sound deaden the whole car.

LCI front bumper and maybe the full front end if I can get it. If I can afford a 1m style front end then win win.

M-sport rear bumper. Maybe go for the 335i look and have twin exhausts as I think that makes the rear look balanced.

Wrap the whole car and add stickers for my clothing brands.

Add a few secret touches to the interior I dont want to say until its done

Already have done the rear light mod to get rid of that hideous rear reverse triangle.

And give the car full tints all around. light on the front and darker on the rear

Change the wheels, not sure what yet so will look into just lowering and spacing the wheel out for now.

Thats about it.. feel free to add thoughts and opinions guys.

I will be uploading better pics but here are the ones I have on the computer right now.

Thanks for looking guys
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
shrink
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 325i SE

Similar interior to mine, a good combination of colours. Get yourself a later sport steering wheel. It's much nicer to hold! Ditto for the gear knob. At 140k+ yours probably has the same wear along its front edge that mine did.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #3
TAM11M
Private First Class
Rep

Yeah its got a really small wear along the bottom but ahh ok I didnt realize there was two different sports wheels, they look so similar that only once you said it I looked it up to now see the difference.

Will look into that, looking to make this car into what will be a show car for the company,

Time for some better pictures:

The day I got her: OLD and new car

Interior, first mod was actually floor mats.

After a nice clean:

First attempt on rear light mod.

Final attempt.

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #4
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Very nice mate! I really like the 162's. Lovely colour combo too!

Whose is the M5?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 04:09 PM   #5
Danny.B.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M Sport

Hi Tam nice car. soarer was nice too!

DannyB

(bloke your talking to on ebay about springs :-p)
      06-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #6
xPETEZx
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Golf R

Love the car.
Really like what you did with the tail lights.
Think it looks better than Dark lines, and almost as good as LCI!
One of the things that put me off Pre-LCI cars was the rear lights, and you have really "fixed" that!
Great work.
Any more mods planned?
As mentioned already, highly recommend the M Sport wheel and gear stick. Makes a big difference.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #7
TAM11M
Private First Class
Rep

@dxb335d

That was my brothers E60 M5 and all I can say about that car is.. wow.. no idea how they made the F10 that much faster than that.. he sold it yesterday as hes looking to buy a house.. and hes still upset with selling it. Lovely cars.

And thanks, I do like the alloys and I think in a darker shade they would look really nice if the car sat lower. The color combo honestly is what made me see the car and just play it cool to the trader but I knew I was driving it home haha.

Danny.B.

Haha I had a feeling you would be on here. thats awesome! well does that mean I get a members discount :P, honestly am leaning towards getting them just need to sort my financing so I have enough spare cash for them.

@xPETEZx

Thanks very much, appreciate it, what I did was learn about how the LCI looks and the other rear lights and thought whats the best way of doing it all, I am thinking as I have some spare tint if anyone is interested I can cut some out and send them to people?
What I tried to do was blend it with the inner design of the reverse light but meet that cut off line.

Mods wise really just looking at the stuff I mentioned in the original post, what I am looking for is my business to start rolling more and that way I can do the one off things to the car that I hope everyone else will like.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 02:14 AM   #8
dobbo99
Major
Rep
Drives: E39 530 oldskool

nice looking car to say it has 147k on it!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 03:39 AM   #9
P 5UML
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

lovely colour combo mate not one you see very often!!! look forward to future mods
      06-13-2013, 09:31 AM   #10
TAM11M
Private First Class
Rep

thanks guys, I love the color combo honestly whenever I get inside I always feel special.

drove really nice from birmingham to london. such a smooth car on the motorway
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 09:46 AM   #11
philmots
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i Touring LCI

Looks good mate.

Personally I'd drop it slightly and leave the wheels as they are, nothing wrong with them.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #12
CobraZb
Rep
Drives: 04 Mustang Cobra

Very nice man. I just picked up a similar model. Black on Black though with the wood trim. I'm curious to see the new mods cause I'm in the same boat, creating the ultimate gentleman's car here in Chicago. Cheers man and keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #13
TAM11M
Private First Class
Rep

@CobraZb

Thanks mate, I shall check yours out soon, I have actually done a few things to the car since my last update, need to upload pics from my phone, got the whole car tinted, even then the bright interior stands out a fair amount on the front.

Plans now are still to lower the car, but all my money just goes on fuel, but the best update I can add is that I have finally added a sub and amp thats wired in with the Base audio set up.

I writing a little how to but what a difference, sounds like its actually a good system now that the speakers dont really handle the bass,
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #14
Ed_E90
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 SE

Hi and welcome.

Nice motor there. Still plenty of life left in it with such high mileage.

I'll be interested in some of those templates for the rear lights if you have any going.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #15
TAM11M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_E90 View Post
Hi and welcome.

Nice motor there. Still plenty of life left in it with such high mileage.

I'll be interested in some of those templates for the rear lights if you have any going.

Thanks mate, honestly the car is brilliant regardless of the mileage, engine is spot on and fingers crossed it stays that way.

And sure thing just send me a pm and we can sort something out mate.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 01:31 AM   #16
Theivz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Project Z

lovely colour combo! leather looks gorgeous