E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Bhp figure

09-04-2014, 08:53 AM   #23
gazz1971
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

A place in Mansfield Notts called Shark Performance looked pretty good from there website .
Quote:
Originally Posted by windymissile View Post
As we have no other octane designation available in the UK, I assumed that all octane ratings discussed on the UK forum would be RON.
'Oct' is just an abbreviation for octane. It could be RON, MON or PON.

Who's dyno you using OP..?

WM
      09-04-2014, 11:51 AM   #24
Cerbera9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 2007

I'd be more interested to see what torque fiqure it produces rather than a power figure
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 01:31 PM   #25
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

To me Gary 400 410 415 bhp there all figures, the key is whether everything you've bought for the car along with the Cobb device you're using actually work in harmony to produce a satisfying end result. Figures obtained on one rolling road for instance will vary from another rolling road elsewhere begging the questions who's right who's wrong(as these machines as far as I'm aware need quality calibration)

The figures you'll see will of course be the thing they'll judge the end result on i.e. whether the expected figures have been achieved in real life using the real data you have before you.

For me the end result is seeing the car perform on the rollers with a linear smooth power delivery with no recorded issues(regarding fuel, air, boost ignition etc.)if this all proves to be within spec the figures will tell their own story as to whether your creation has been worthwhile.

But I really look forward to seeing the results of the day. Remember check your tyre pressures ensure you've got a suitable amount of fuel(decent fuel no supermarket crap) and enjoy the day

Steve
      09-04-2014, 02:28 PM   #26
BMW325iE90
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i

Looking to do all of this to a 335i.

What's the cost of all this as a ballpark...?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 12:29 AM   #27
gazz1971
Private First Class
Rep

Very true Steve the car performs without fault smooth and one quick machine the Cobb tune is leaps and bounds in front of what I was running .
Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
To me Gary 400 410 415 bhp there all figures, the key is whether everything you've bought for the car along with the Cobb device you're using actually work in harmony to produce a satisfying end result. Figures obtained on one rolling road for instance will vary from another rolling road elsewhere begging the questions who's right who's wrong(as these machines as far as I'm aware need quality calibration)

The figures you'll see will of course be the thing they'll judge the end result on i.e. whether the expected figures have been achieved in real life using the real data you have before you.

For me the end result is seeing the car perform on the rollers with a linear smooth power delivery with no recorded issues(regarding fuel, air, boost ignition etc.)if this all proves to be within spec the figures will tell their own story as to whether your creation has been worthwhile.

But I really look forward to seeing the results of the day. Remember check your tyre pressures ensure you've got a suitable amount of fuel(decent fuel no supermarket crap) and enjoy the day

Steve
      09-06-2014, 09:40 AM   #28
windymissile
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport

Verdict?

WM
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 04:14 PM   #29
scaryprowler
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i DCT

Yeah - what's the result?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 01:21 AM   #30
gazz1971
Private First Class
Rep

Well were to start on arrival I swapped maps outside to stage 2 aggressive first mistake as it was still learning the dyno operator knew this on its first run as he came and asked me as it only hit 340 bhp .Second run it made 386bhp and 643nm of torque which was very impressive indeed similar figures to c63 amg he had in the day before then disaster struck the Aux belt snapped and BMW never had one in stock so I came home in a loan car .So in the last four weeks that will be the Turbos changed now this .Time to enjoy the car now as it one quick car on the road and drives with out fault he thinks if he ran it again before the belt giving in the bhp figure was rising all the time as the car was learning the new software .