E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Value Service

07-01-2015, 05:58 AM   #1
e92328i998
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Tahoe, M3, X5D

Value Service

Is it just me or is it kind of weird that the dealerships don't seem to know too much about the Value service offerings. It is marketed as a an up front fixed price for common service visits, but you have to tell the SA, and apparently the parts that are part of said value service are in special kits that are not in stock. Seems like the typical steelership scam.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 06:18 AM   #2
Bavarian Tech
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2006 330i  [10.00]
I believe you have a total miss understanding of the whole "Value Line", You have to ask for value line parts due to be a competently different part number in ETK. Along with the valve line oil change, your supposed to present the coupon at the time of service. Its not a dealership scam. Every dealer in the country has the same setup. Just saying
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 06:37 AM   #3
e92328i998
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Its not a coupon and there isn't one required. My understanding is that coupons are typically service specials. Seems to me that this was BMWs response to the flight that happens at the end of warranty when people try and find a good indy. Description below

Quality service and competitive pricing. That’s BMW Value Service. When your vehicle no longer qualifies for BMW No-Cost Maintenance or the Maintenance Program Upgrade, BMW Value Service will help keep it an Ultimate Driving Machine.®
The cost is comparable to local repair shops – but with BMW Value Service, you’ll receive fixed pricing on a variety of services, so you’ll know what you’re paying for up front. Best of all, when you bring your vehicle to your local center, you can rest assured knowing that your BMW is in the hands of BMW-trained technicians. Using only Original BMW Parts and BMW approved equipment, they are able to provide exactly what your vehicle needs. Every part is designed to fit your BMW to perfection. And each part comes with a two-year unlimited mileage limited warranty for greater peace of mind.
So when it’s time for servicing your BMW, feel confident in bringing it to those who know it best.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2015, 06:27 AM   #4
e92328i998
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So after speaking with the service manager, it appears that the dealers don't automatically charge the amounts listed on every dealers value service link on their websites. You have to either schedule the service through the website choosing the value service you would like, or ask for it when you go in. Basically every dealer will have two prices for the same service depending on whether you ask for it. In my case, front brakes were listed at 469 for value service, but the normal price was 705. The reason I had an issue was that I was in for an oil change on 6/1 and my front brakes showed 180 miles left. I asked if I needed brakes and was told that I was fine to my next visit. 3 days later i got the lift and brake alert on the dash. not exactly what I thought the interval would be. I scheduled the appt and went in on Tuesday and asked for them to honor a coupon they had for completing recommended services since I would have scheduled the appt if they had advised me a little better. Turns out they believe the value service to be a discount and so its not combinable with another discount. After speaking with the service manager he understood the ambiguity and agreed to take 10% off instead of the 15% coupon. All in all I am happy and got my front brakes done for 441 after tax and shop supplies.
Appreciate 0