E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > HELP 2008 335xi combustions misfires

12-07-2015, 02:48 PM   #1
ApolloE90
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi E90

HELP 2008 335xi combustions misfires

Okay so let me start off by saying i have the shittiest luck with cars. So i waited a good 8 months to purchase the 335xi and finally my dreams came true. I enjoyed it for the 2 months i drove it until something bad happened. I drove casually most of the time i had it and one day a buddy of mine asked to race i said why not. So we did the first race and i beat him we did another 3 races and after the last race my car turned off completley and the steering wheel became stiff. i pulled in the nearest place i could and tried to start the car and it just would not turn on. I left it there for the night, came back next morning and had my friend code the car for me and i got misfired and , exhaust timing codes and intake timing codes the car was not starting we tried jump starting and it took a good 150 tries until it actually started up, the car had power in it but the engine would not fire up. I thought this was something simple to fix so i went ahead and ordered two solenoids, 6 spark plugs , 6 coils and did a oil change. after all that my car was vibrating and making a consistent knocking noise. i coded it again and got cylinder one misfire and cylinder six misfire and also a several cylinder combustion misfire code . The car does run but cant drive normally and i get a message saying engine operating on reduced power or something along those lines. If someone has had this problem please help me i have been carless for 3 months now and cant afford to take it to the dealer at the moment. I took the car to mechanics and they are saying i need a new engine without actually diagnosing it. I still have hope its not a engine problem but i need answers thanks guys.

I posted two videos of the sound of the knocking check it out

Appreciate 0