E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > e92 335i - FSU or Blower Motor -- or something else?

12-10-2015, 11:32 AM   #1
Danissl
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '07 Montego Blue E92 335i

e92 335i - FSU or Blower Motor -- or something else?

Hey all, it seems my 07 335i loves being on the lift here lately! Between upgrades, and maintenance, my blower seems to have stopped working. And while I'm moving! But anyway, what can you do.

I have checked all of the fuses dealing with the AC, assuming it would cover whatever fuse the fan might be on. I really don't want to have to buy one part, and then the other.... Basically the air has worked fine, no hiccups noticed until this morning, and it won't blow at all. No speed, no setting. Makes me lean towards the FSU, but I have seen things about the blower motor getting wet and dying. It hasn't rained in florida where I'm at for the past few days so I'd like to think that out of the question, but any help is accepted, wanted, and appreciated!

On second thought, maybe I should just retire this girl and go and pickup an M235 or something. Hmm. Haha

Edit: when I push the buttons to change the airflow direction, I hear it moving as it normally should.

Also, manual transmission with iDrive if it matters.
Appreciate 0