E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Is their a CAI for 2008 535i yet?

01-18-2008, 09:35 PM   #1
v2bling
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: speed demon

Is their a CAI for 2008 535i yet?

Noone can tell me if 335i CAI will fit onto 535i.. Probably not right? Different engine bay arrangement?
Black Sapphire/Black Dakota/Bamboo/AnthraciteHeadliner/M-Tech Kit/Spoiler/Sports/Premium/Navi/HUD/Comfort/Rear Shades/ParkDistance/Ipod/Sports Auto w/Paddle/Logik7/30% Tint/Clear Bra/KW3/ Radenergie rs10 20"/Defi RedRacer Psi/Smoked front reflectors/ LED interior lights

Soon: Rpi Catback, GIAC or EVOtech flash, Dinan Rear Strut, OEM M5 Mirrors
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 09:49 PM   #2
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Did u fix your problem yet with the limp?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 09:12 AM   #3
v2bling
First Lieutenant
Rep

Yea they said the intake manifold hose popped off for some reason. The very next day i installed my jb2h and it ran super hard.. I didnt even do battery disconncet and it pulled super hard.. I have both procede and jb.. I love the jb2 cause: Less wires and mess, Better pin quality.. When you connect to pins it stays nice and snug on the jb.. On procede the pins can come loose by themselves... Jb has less headache cause its more plug and play too... Procede you would have to hook up that computer which is a pain. Vishnu has more power, but quality control and service sucks ... Ill keep both just cause.. If i owned vishnu i wouldnt let my customers use a product that isnt even fully down.. They have a test car for gods sake.. Finish and then release . Not a map for every day of the month, come on now :X

I think everyone should own the jb2 .. H if you have 93 octane where you live.. I really love how i dont have to load maps and do all this stuff just to have fun.. Power comes hard .. I hit 140 within seconds it felt like.. Once you shift from 5th to 6th its game over.. Still keeps pulling hard .. I was using paddle shifter and sport mode I have the R switch, but i havent found race gas around dallas ft worth,tx area
Black Sapphire/Black Dakota/Bamboo/AnthraciteHeadliner/M-Tech Kit/Spoiler/Sports/Premium/Navi/HUD/Comfort/Rear Shades/ParkDistance/Ipod/Sports Auto w/Paddle/Logik7/30% Tint/Clear Bra/KW3/ Radenergie rs10 20"/Defi RedRacer Psi/Smoked front reflectors/ LED interior lights

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 12:18 PM   #4
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

yeah but you didn't even give Procede a try before it was working 100%...You found out the manifold hose popped loose...JB2 is nice, but still give Procede a try with the car running 100%...
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 01:46 PM   #5
v2bling
First Lieutenant
Rep

I will .. What i am going to do is just use this jb2h +R untill vishnu comes out with that 2.1.. Ill give him a chance cause he is a good tuner and the features. when i saw that 390 hp 390 tq.. I got interested again real quick ! I might as well wait till a good map comes out and new firmware or something.. Too much install time to be getting reduced power maybe.. Good observation cn555ic .. You noticed that since v2 i had this problem.. Odd how it happened right around the time i upgraded from 1.47 to v2.. Too much power i guess

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 01:56 PM   #6
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

You have no idea what your missing with regular pump gas instead of that expensive race gas that u need with that R you have...
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 02:57 PM   #7
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
You have no idea what your missing with regular pump gas instead of that expensive race gas that u need with that R you have...
Lets not start a flame war over a questions that was regarding a CAI, people have already done the calculations to compare the two and taking into consideration race gas. To each their own, be happy with what you got....
      01-19-2008, 05:39 PM   #8
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleh4852 View Post
Lets not start a flame war over a questions that was regarding a CAI, people have already done the calculations to compare the two and taking into consideration race gas. To each their own, be happy with what you got....
You are so immature...I am stating that because he had V2 about a week or two ago and came into the forum asking for help...I was one of them trying to help and next thing I don't hear from him and he has JB2...All i asked was why he changed and the answer was he had both tunes!!...I am stating the obvious about the gas.....Vbling has both and I am stating the obvious and i found that to be wierd because he loved his V2 but had problems he thought were from the tune, but later realized it wasn't...regular gas is cheaper than the race gas......my statement was why would you run race gas if you have V2 and can run regular pumped gas and have the same power...does that make sense to you now???
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 06:01 PM   #9
scalbert
Major General
Rep
Drives: '13 S4, '15 Q7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
my statement was why would you run race gas if you have V2 and can run regular pumped gas and have the same power...does that make sense to you now???
That would assume you want the additional power 100% of the time.

That said and if you do; the costs are much greater. Even at 10 gallons a week and at $3 more per gallon; that is around $1500 per year. Over three years, that overall cost is approximately $5000. Or, for comparison sake, it would be like purchasing a PROcede with V2 and financing it over 3 years at about 65% APR.

Last edited by scalbert; 01-19-2008 at 07:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 09:42 PM   #10
v2bling
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
That would assume you want the additional power 100% of the time.

That said and if you do; the costs are much greater. Even at 10 gallons a week and at $3 more per gallon; that is around $1500 per year. Over three years, that overall cost is approximately $5000. Or, for comparison sake, it would be like purchasing a PROcede with V2 and financing it over 3 years at about 65% APR.

You out witted me. HA HA Gangster i dont drive my car that much since i work now days. Plus my job is less then 5 miles away. Ill probably never use valet switch on my car when i install procede to try out..

Appreciate 0