E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 403 RWTQ: I am happy!

01-22-2008, 09:04 AM   #67
orientblue3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: RIP 335, Now P30 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by My E90 View Post
The 10% ethanol (usually found in the northeast during the winter months) has a big effect on a car's performance. I remember a major Audi S4 tuner having to dial back their tune on a car with GT25's once they were able to sample the garbage mixture with 10% ethanol.

I'd wait until you can get some quality fuel and dyno it again at the same shop. Running around from dyno to dyno, chasing that extra 10hp, isn't going to help. Ethanol is diluting the combustion and it's hurting your HP numbers.

You like how it's running. That's the important part.
I thought all states had 10% ethanol in their gas now? Texas does.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2008, 09:21 AM   #68
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
based on everything I've been seeing, the CAI does improve HP on this car. Its going to be my next power mod

what do u think about Walked U spraying nitrious onto his IC.
that could work very well + give u added benifits no?

or is a little bit of nitrious getting into your intake (thru the IC piping) dangerous?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2008, 09:24 AM   #69
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillclaimndp View Post
Actually that no two dynos are alike. What do you guys do for a living, check groceries? Anyone that can't understand at this point that a dyno number from one dyno can't be compared to that of another has no ability to think freely. You guys don't seem to realize things unless they're square in front of your noses and the issue with that is that you rarely look in the right places for information before making your pre-emptive declarations of what power a car is making...
Exactly...!

But you do realize that doesn't matter either? Only the deltas...! But even a "bagger boy" knows this, since it so obvious! Perhaps, it helps to read what you search
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2008, 09:31 AM   #70
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife View Post
what do u think about Walked U spraying nitrious onto his IC.
that could work very well + give u added benifits no?

or is a little bit of nitrious getting into your intake (thru the IC piping) dangerous?
I dont think it would be dangerous in small amounts, but since if its an intercooler system designed to essentially freeze your intercooler, it has no regulation over the amount of nitrous making it into your intake. 1 spray might result in no nitrous in the intake while the next might result in a 75hp shot in the intake, the ECU would have to do all the adaptation on the spot. Could be dangerous, but looks like we'll just have to wait and see.
      01-22-2008, 10:18 AM   #71
Lane
Several N54 cars, V1,3, V2.0.2, and V3.1
Rep
Drives: N54s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem View Post
Hey Wily, I remember you putting down a monster 333/391 with V1.3 on that same machine last March. IIRC, it was about 10 degrees warmer than today. I was at 320/387 that day on Shell 93, also with the old v1.3.

If it feels and is faster, then that is what matters, but I would have expected better #'s from your car which was the dyno king that day out of 6 or 7 cars.
All 1.3 dynos that I have seen have been great. I think some of the v1.3 power at some rev ranges was pulled back at versions 1.4 - 1.47.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2008, 12:06 PM   #72
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane View Post
All 1.3 dynos that I have seen have been great. I think some of the v1.3 power at some rev ranges was pulled back at versions 1.4 - 1.47.
In later v1 maps, we dialed back power above 5000rpm by 5-10whp. Simply to avoid the "boost target not reached" code. With v2 now controlling the boost directly, this code no longer applies so we can do whatever is safe within the constraints of mechanicals and octane.

shiv
Appreciate 0