E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW e92 Comfort access not working at all

09-10-2023, 11:15 AM   #1
swe92
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i e92

BMW e92 Comfort access not working at all

Hi, ever since I bought my e92 325i my comfort access have not worked. I have spent a lot of time trying to find someone with the exact same issue but can’t seem to find someone that has exactly the same issue. I know I have comfort access and no of the futures of it works with neither of my two keys.
I can’t start the car without putting in the key in the slot on the dash. I can’t open any door or open the trunk with the key in my pocket. The normal key functions (unlocking the car with the buttons on the fob) works great but no comfort access features work.

Here are some things I have tried that didn’t work:

Charging the car battery
Changing battery in both keys
Locating at checking the fuse(it wasn’t blown)
Locating and looking at the CA control module(it didn’t seem to have any water damage)
Unplugging the door handles to test if it it worked with either plugged out

I can’t seem to figure out what the problem is. The only thing I found that I think can have something to do with the problem is that when I measure the voltage over the fuse I get a reading of 0.04V. I saw a video of a guy on YouTube who measured the voltage over the fuse and his voltage was over 12 volts.

I have ordered a new CA control module to change out the old one to see if that’s the problem.

Have anyone had the same occur?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2023, 11:40 AM   #2
nicolasgp106
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 bmw 335i

Hi swe92,
I am retrofitting CA in my car, it is kinda weird. I would check with inpa if the car has CA coded into it. When I finish up the retrofit, I am gonna check voltage on the fuse and try to pin point where the voltage is coming from and let you know. Are any other features of the car not working?? Check if fuses from 55 to 60 have voltage.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2023, 09:35 PM   #3
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

You could have Non CA keys. Does the back of the fob open up to replace the battery? Are they BMW keys?
There could also be multiple keys programmed to the cars CA system and the keys you have are not it.
I read you can only have 2 CA keys.

Scan for codes, the module will show a code if there’s an issue with the system.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2023, 05:56 AM   #4
swe92
Registered
Rep

I’m going to check fuses 55 and 60 for voltage. No everything else works perfectly it’s only my comfort access that won’t work. I will also have to get Ista and inpa to be able to do a real check of the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2023, 06:03 AM   #5
swe92
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serf27 View Post
You could have Non CA keys. Does the back of the fob open up to replace the battery? Are they BMW keys?
There could also be multiple keys programmed to the cars CA system and the keys you have are not it.
I read you can only have 2 CA keys.

Scan for codes, the module will show a code if there’s an issue with the system.
No I have the ca keys. The keys I have are the ones you can change battery in a little compartment on the back of the key. The previous owner claim that the two keys I got were the original keys. And yes they are bmw original keys. Is there any way to check how many keys are programmed to the car? My car is non iDrive so I guess you would have to access the secret menu to check how many programmed keys there is.

Do I need inpa or ista to scan for codes or will it work with a normal obd2 scanner? I have BimmerLink and BimmerCode if that makes any difference.
Appreciate 0