E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > MHD OTS map differences

03-29-2024, 12:01 PM   #1
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 E93 335i

MHD OTS map differences

Are there any descriptions or explanations of the updates in the MHD OTS maps (for N54) that show what updates were made and why? I haven't found any real explanation anywhere other than people who data log then make assumptions about what was changed. I'm wondering if there's any official explanation from MHD as to when/why they release a map update?

When I installed their OTS maps, I used V10. The car felt great. Then after reading lots of users on this and the other forum saying V7 was/is good, I decided to try that just for fun. I don't notice too much of a difference between the two, but V10 felt slightly more snappier, faster acceleration. After data logging and comparing the two, V10 is allowing slightly more boost than V7, at least in second gear. Same logging conditions, V7 didn't show the same target boost until I was in third gear.

Some other random observations; V10 would give me this very rough jerk when I'd abruptly let off the throttle after accelerating in second gear. Some say it's just engine braking but I don't know if I believe that, it's pretty aggressive. After flashing V7 the car doesn't do it anymore so I may just stick with that.
Appreciate 0