E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Question about USB option (6FL)

08-12-2008, 08:25 PM   #1
PinkFlamingo
Car Shopping Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 GT4

Exclamation Question about USB option (6FL)

Picked up my E92 two weeks ago. It has the ipod & USB option and I also have idrive. I use an I/O magic 40GB portable hard drive which works great by the way but I noticed that when you turn the car off, the power does not go off on the USB port. Please tell me there is a setting or something to change that. It's really annoying to unplug the hard drive every time I get out of the car. I looked around the settings and everything but did not find a way to make the port turn off on the car when it was off. If anyone has any info, I would appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2008, 10:57 PM   #2
Jeff Flowerday
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftconstruct View Post
Picked up my E92 two weeks ago. It has the ipod & USB option and I also have idrive. I use an I/O magic 40GB portable hard drive which works great by the way but I noticed that when you turn the car off, the power does not go off on the USB port. Please tell me there is a setting or something to change that. It's really annoying to unplug the hard drive every time I get out of the car. I looked around the settings and everything but did not find a way to make the port turn off on the car when it was off. If anyone has any info, I would appreciate it.

Actually the USB port does power down after 20 minutes or so. If you put the drive someplace visible from the outside and walk away and check back in 30 minutes (don't open the door, look through the glass) you should see that it's powered off.

PS) This has been discussed in many other threads...
Appreciate 0