Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > I got planty of questions for VMR wheels

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

03-17-2009, 04:37 AM   #1
Vshock
Private
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i

I got planty of questions for VMR wheels

yes, as i said i have planty of questions.

how do you guys like these wheels? any problem so far? cracking or bending?

how do they build and test these wheels?

how is the rigidity and the balance? are these as strong as enkei, oz, rays or bbs?

as a track wheel, are these safe enough from bending or cracking?

i know somebody would probably say i get what i pay for but i saw many of here bought these wheels and satisfied with it, even m owners.

vmrs pretty cheap and looking very nice, that's why i am interested in this brand but i'm concerning about the quality and rigidity also.

so i searched last couple of days about this brand but i couldn't get any detail information except their styling.

please give me some advises.
      03-17-2009, 12:52 PM   #2
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Having worked with Velocity for the past 4-5 years now, I can honestly vouch for the level of quality and manufacturing that goes into these wheels. They are certainly more affordable than other options out there but there are also much cheaper replicas available. The reason we choose to stick with Velocity is due to their track record. All of their wheels are JWL and VIA certified so they are among the best replicas you can get, especially for the price. In terms of durability, the majority of our customers run these as daily wheels so you can imagine they go through multiple stress tests on the way to work. If these hold up during street applications, they are more than worthy for track applications and I have also had a few choose these wheels for a track setup as a cheap alternate.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 08:20 PM   #3
Vshock
Private
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i

i see. thanks for the comment! it was very helpful.

anyone else?
      03-17-2009, 08:38 PM   #4
VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Like Nick has stated, all wheels JWL/VIA tested passing all lateral and radial fatigue testing. We actually manufacturer all of our wheels in a facility that produces high-end Japanese wheels and OE wheels for U.S. vehicles.

Here's our very own shop car with 18" VMR VB3's being track tested. Lets say, those wheels have gone through a fair amount of off road excursions without a problem.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me at charles@velocitymotoring.com

-Charles@VMRWheels

03-17-2009, 08:38 PM   #5
Peter@VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: P85D

I would say the responses to your question would depend on what side of the fence they are on Anyways we've been making wheels specific to German cars for more than five years and so we have the experience of knowing what works and what doesn't. Being in R&D and production, I'm at the factory every few months to make sure the process runs smoothly for everyone. I work on everything from the raw materials to the design, to testing, production, and everything in between.

But, since wheels/tires will be a relatively big purchase when it comes to modding, definitely do your homework by searching thru forums, google, etc. I encourage you to look for not only the compliments but potential issues we had with customers in the past, and how we resolve them. Heck, you might enjoy yourself by reading the occasional mud slinging posts

Anyways if you have specific questions about our wheels, how wheels are made in general, wheel industry, whatever, feel free to ask
Appreciate 0