E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > E90 335 sedan MF/residuals are out...

09-07-2006, 11:17 AM   #45
SapphireBlackG01
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 X3, Formerly ‘06 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by greginaz1
If you don't understand a word in this post PLEASE don't lease as you will get hosed.

Do yourself a favor and search this site or bimmerfest.com for 'lease', 'msd', etc. and educate yourself...in general, NEVER put $ down on a lease...unless you put a small amount down to decrease your security deposit payments...also NEVER talk payments with a dealer...talk cap, MF, residual and acquisition fee.

You can start here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=146090
Alright, I'm definitely gonna give it a read before I do anything. Thanks for the link, Greg! I'm sure I'll have questions, so I will be back, but for now... looks like I'm gonna be a bit.
Guy #1: "Hanz, I know zee window switches have always been next to zee shifter in zee 3er cars, but I think ve should move them to zee door!"
Guy #2: "But zee doors are already designed and ve do not have time to re-design them!"
Guy #1: "Just make it verk or you vill be verking over at VW!"
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2006, 04:42 PM   #46
Zeroday
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Plymouth Volare

Greg you just saved me alot of money. Thanks a billion for your advice.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2006, 06:29 PM   #47
SapphireBlackG01
Captain
United_States
Rep

Hey guys, so what are the MF/Residuals for the 328i coupe at this point?

I'm having a hard time here because I need to do a lease return on the 325Ci but I'm not sure what to replace it with.

The dealer can't seem to find any remaining '06 manual, sport package-equipped 330i's, and they're telling me a manual, sport-package only 328i would have to be custom-ordered.

They want more than $600 a month for the automatic/premium 328i they have on the lot. I don't know where to start because I don't know what the money factor, rate, or residual is for the oupes. Anyone help me out?
Guy #1: "Hanz, I know zee window switches have always been next to zee shifter in zee 3er cars, but I think ve should move them to zee door!"
Guy #2: "But zee doors are already designed and ve do not have time to re-design them!"
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2006, 04:06 AM   #48
y2b3k
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Hey Greg,

I read the info on the link you provided (bimmerfest). I generally understand the overall article, however, what is the MF (Money Factor) rate?... Why is there all these zero's and wut do they represent.. i.e. 0.0007

Can u plz explain that to me? Is it the lease rate, or mark-up on the lease rate...?

Thanks in advance,

Travis
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2006, 10:04 AM   #49
SapphireBlackG01
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2b3k
Hey Greg,

I read the info on the link you provided (bimmerfest). I generally understand the overall article, however, what is the MF (Money Factor) rate?... Why is there all these zero's and wut do they represent.. i.e. 0.0007

Can u plz explain that to me? Is it the lease rate, or mark-up on the lease rate...?

Thanks in advance,

Travis
The way a lease works (in rather simple terms, I guess) is that you're monthly payment basically consists of the depreciation of your car over the lease period + interest applied to that same depreciation. If I understood what I read correctly, the money factor rate is the interest rate that is applied. Dealers apparently have a bit of flexibility with this rate.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2006, 10:27 AM   #50
gohawks23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bauer S29s

Quote:
Hey Greg,

Thanks in advance,

Travis
It is the lease interest rate...multiply the MF by 2400 to get an interest rate you will recognize.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2006, 10:28 AM   #51
gohawks23
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpaintmepunkxx
Hey guys, so what are the MF/Residuals for the 328i coupe at this point?

I'm having a hard time here because I need to do a lease return on the 325Ci but I'm not sure what to replace it with.

The dealer can't seem to find any remaining '06 manual, sport package-equipped 330i's, and they're telling me a manual, sport-package only 328i would have to be custom-ordered.

They want more than $600 a month for the automatic/premium 328i they have on the lot. I don't know where to start because I don't know what the money factor, rate, or residual is for the oupes. Anyone help me out?
I only have numbers for the 335 because that is all I cared about...cal/emaill your CA...he should have 328 numbers.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2006, 10:30 AM   #52
SapphireBlackG01
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I only have numbers for the 335 because that is all I cared about...cal/emaill your CA...he should have 328 numbers.
Cool, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2006, 10:48 AM   #53
y2b3k
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Thanks Greg for the prompt reply

But I still have one more question, why multiply the MF (Interest Rate) by 2400? What does the 2400 represent (months, percentage, or something else?)

Thanks in again.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2006, 10:55 AM   #54
gohawks23
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Greg for the prompt reply

But I still have one more question, why multiply the MF (Interest Rate) by 2400? What does the 2400 represent (months, percentage, or something else?)

Thanks in again.
It is just the formula that is being used...look here or google for more:

http://www.leaseguide.com/mf2400.htm
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2006, 03:37 PM   #55
jjw3477
Rep
n/a
Drives:

I finally got the numbers out of my dealer on my ordered 335i, 10K miles a year, 6% interest rate, 61% residual over 36 months. Am i getting screwed on this deal and if so what should i be asking for?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2006, 04:45 PM   #56
Lassaxi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: April ED - E90 328xi

Quote:
If you don't understand a word in this post PLEASE don't lease as you will get hosed.

Do yourself a favor and search this site or bimmerfest.com for 'lease', 'msd', etc. and educate yourself...in general, NEVER put $ down on a lease...unless you put a small amount down to decrease your security deposit payments...also NEVER talk payments with a dealer...talk cap, MF, residual and acquisition fee.

You can start here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=146090
I'm not sure I compeltely agree with the "never put $$ down" on a lease school of thought. I can see circumstances where it makes sense- particularly if you live in a state like NY where MSDs are limited by law.

But then again I tend to think that no decision is really wrong as long as you understand the implications of it and are fine with them. As long as you realize that you won't get the cap cost reduction back at the end of the lease, or if the car is stolen, totaled, etc, and you're fine with that, there's nothing inherently wrong with putting $$ down on a lease to reduce your payments or your residual if you wanted to buy at the end. Or, maybe you want to avoid having to pay for gap insurance (say for instance, leasing through private lender rather than BMW). I'm not saying it always makes sense, or even that it usually makes sense to put money down, but people have their reasons.

I also don't think the MFs that are being tossed around here are all that bad given current market interest rates. Subsidizing is fine, but BMW doesn't seem to have much trouble moving inventory, so why would they care?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2006, 11:06 AM   #57
jjw3477
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjw3477
I finally got the numbers out of my dealer on my ordered 335i, 10K miles a year, 6% interest rate, 61% residual over 36 months. Am i getting screwed on this deal and if so what should i be asking for?
anybody have any thoughts on this for me.
Appreciate 0