E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Who Is On Falstaff

03-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #1
clandestine
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

Who Is On Falstaff

Any ones baby on the Falstaff, set to arrive at Port Hueneme on March 19? This is one day earlier than my estimate From BMW. I bought 335 coupe through Shelly BMW in Buena Park. Great customer service. zero pressure and got i about $1800 above invoice.

BMW newbie

http://www.portofhueneme.org/documen...ESSELSCHED.pdf

Last edited by clandestine; 03-15-2007 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: Attaching pdf calendar of Port Hueneme
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2007, 04:18 PM   #2
wyrm11
///Man of Steel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco 335

Im on the falstaff! I've been tracking the boat for a while now but it hasn't been updated since March 8. I'm praying that's not some kind of serious delay.

My CA told me the 19th to begin with so I'm hoping it's on time. Got mine from BMW of Santa Maria thanks to a reference from a bimmerfest member. So far so good.

What are the specs on your car?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2007, 05:06 PM   #3
clandestine
Enlisted Member
Rep

My car

335i coupe, jet black, black int, aluminum trim, sport pckg, steprtronic. I know the ship went through the Panama Cannael on Tues/Wed. So we should be okay. What is your cars specs? Passing the time b/w now and delivery is a killer
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2007, 07:01 PM   #4
wyrm11
///Man of Steel
United_States
Rep

I've got a 335i coupe in Monaco, gray int, gray poplar trim, sports package, CA and step. I've also got the aero kit waiting for it at home.

How do you know the ship went through the Panama Canal? Did your CA give you an update? I'm not sure why the tracking isn't working anymore. It was working fine for the first two weeks or so.

Can't wait to take delivery, let's hope our cars don't get caught up anywhere...
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2007, 09:22 PM   #5
clandestine
Enlisted Member
Rep

Falstaff

The last time i saw it on gps was March 8, it was somewhere in the gulf. However, since then i have been able to pick up its track on several websites listed in this forum.

Two questions
1) Who are you bringing with you to pick up your car?
2) Where are you going to drive first? (other than home)?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2007, 10:07 PM   #6
wyrm11
///Man of Steel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
The last time i saw it on gps was March 8, it was somewhere in the gulf. However, since then i have been able to pick up its track on several websites listed in this forum.

Two questions
1) Who are you bringing with you to pick up your car?
2) Where are you going to drive first? (other than home)?
Nice, can you link me to those sites?

Haha to answer your questions:

1) I'll be bringing my folks. I'm in LA but I bought it from BMW Santa Maria so it's an excuse to spend some time with my parents. As they get older we look for excuses to spend more time together.

2) I hear driving up PCH is a GREAT drive. There's a thread somewhere around here about the best drives in LA. I think I'm going to try that as soon as I'm through with the break-in. I'll also looking forward to taking Sepulveda that goes next to the 405. That road is real windy.

You?

I got a question for you...what are your first mods if any?

We can't be the only ones on Falstaff can we?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2007, 10:02 AM   #7
clandestine
Enlisted Member
Rep

Still in Transit

I called the BMW 800 this morning and it said my car is still in transit despite the fact that Port Huienime website indicates teh Falstaff pulled in yesterday. I'll call my dealer and get an update. What dealership did you buy from???

I got mine through Shelly BMW. Regarding mods, i'm leasing so i cant do much, tint yes, maybe add that Chip that adds 60 bhp. I'm taking my sister to pick up my car and drive PCH through Newport Beach down to Dana Point.

Hope we get our hands on that steering wheel soon!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2007, 11:57 AM   #8
wyrm11
///Man of Steel
United_States
Rep

Forget the 800 number. At this point, you should just call your CA directly. I spoke with mine last night and he said he should have an update by the close of business today. He said that assuming everything goes smoothly, I should be able to pick it up this weekend. I'm praying he's right.

I've got the aero kit waiting at home and I just ordered the "cheaper" ipod solution (which just involves the Monster charger and some cables). I've been thinking of what else to get...steel pedals and xenon lights will probably be next.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2007, 12:07 PM   #9
clandestine
Enlisted Member
Rep

UPGRADES

sWEET! THIS WEEKEND THAT WOULD BE GREAT! I PLAN ON USING THE AUDIO JACK IN THE CENTER CONSOLE FOR THE POOR MANS IPOD INTEGRATION. CAN'T WAIT TO DRIVE IT AROUND AND NIGHT. ACCORDING TO PORT HUIENIME WEB SITE CALENDAR THE FALSTAFF SHIP COMES IN TODAY.

WHAT DEALER DID YOU GO THROUGH?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2007, 12:13 PM   #10
wyrm11
///Man of Steel
United_States
Rep

I got mine from BMW Santa Maria.

You know what's weird...I could have SWORN that the previous schedule said that the boat would arrive on the 19th. And my CA said that too before. But now the schedule says today and my CA told me last night that it's coming today. I hope there won't be any further delays. I'm going to be really annoyed if I call tonight and he says the boat is coming tomorrow.

I figure they HAVE to unload quickly today for us to have a shot at picking up this weekend. I've got the sinking feeling we may have to wait another week or so...
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2007, 12:29 PM   #11
clandestine
Enlisted Member
Rep

I share your recollection. The schedule did have the falstaff coming in on the 19th but now its the 20th. if you look closely it says "725bmw" and "2 shifts" I don't know if that means 725 bimmers are going to be on that vessel, that is hard to believe.

I'm awaiting a call back from my dealer. What does CA stand for? Lots of acronyms on these forums
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2007, 12:35 PM   #12
wyrm11
///Man of Steel
United_States
Rep

CA stands for "client advisor". I still don't know what some of the acronyms are and I've been on these boards for quite a while now. You'll pick it up.

Let me know what your CA says and I'll do the same. I'm considering calling the port itself and seeing if I can get an update on whether the boat arrived. We'll see if it comes to that.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2007, 03:00 PM   #13
clandestine
Enlisted Member
Rep

Just spoke w/ my CA. She said that I can expect my car around 3/30 or 3/31. That is almost 2 weeks, seems like a long time to unload, process and ship. But that is what the word on the street is. If you are hearing "this weekend" congrats! Let me know when you get your car.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2007, 03:09 PM   #14
wyrm11
///Man of Steel
United_States
Rep

Well that's next weekend. I'd imagine it's pretty much the same for me. Either they unload quickly and are able to prep it fast so I can pick it up this weekend, or it will take an extra few days and I won't be able to pick it up until middle-late next week.

My CA said he'd have more info for me at the end of the day so I'll let you know.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2007, 07:50 PM   #15
wyrm11
///Man of Steel
United_States
Rep

Well I spoke with my CA just a second ago and he said that the car is in VPC right now and everything is looking pretty good. He said he would "be shocked" if it wasn't ready by the weekend. He said to call him back on Thursday evening and he would be able to tell me for sure whether I can pick it up this weekend or not.

Hope he's not pulling my chain...but since he was referred to me by another bimmer enthusiast, I'd be real surprised if he was lying.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2007, 09:34 PM   #16
clandestine
Enlisted Member
Rep

Sweet! I hope that can get mine this weekend or soon thereafter. Your dealership is much closer to the port than mine, but hopefully that will mean only a couple days difference. I'm in Orange county/LA boarder.

Thanks for the info buddy, I'll let you know if I hear anything else.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2007, 09:56 PM   #17
wyrm11
///Man of Steel
United_States
Rep

No prob. Thanks to you too.

Regardless, we know that our cars are FINALLY in the US and that delivery is imminent!!

:rocks: :rocks:
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2007, 10:33 PM   #18
clandestine
Enlisted Member
Rep

ohh imminent, that word gives me chills thinking about sitting down in the drivers seat of my new 335i coupe, gently closing the door tightly, enclosing myself in the cockpit, gripping the wheel and feeling a slight vibration and deep groan as i start the engine....ohhhhhh it was the best of times
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2007, 11:45 AM   #19
clandestine
Enlisted Member
Rep

Question Little worried

I just called the 800 number and also spoke w/ customer service, their info is that my car is awaiting loading onto a vessel at port of EXIT which is erroneous bs!. He apologized for the lack of info, and told me to call my sales rep for updated info. I hope my car does not get lost/delayed ahhhhh! Anyone else on the falstaff have this problem??
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2007, 11:56 AM   #20
wyrm11
///Man of Steel
United_States
Rep

Dude, read what I wrote above. Forget the 800#. It's out of BMW Corporate's hands now. Once they send it to the port, they pretty much let go of it and it's the responsibility of the shipping company. Then once it arrives and gets off the boat, it's pretty much the responsibility of your dealer. Call your CA if you want updates. The 800# isn't going to know anything right now.

I thought you talked to your CA yesterday and he told you that it arrived. Mine told me that mine's at the VPC right now. Yours should be too.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 04:23 PM   #21
clandestine
Enlisted Member
Rep

My CA seems to be clueless. I hope you get your car this weekend bud! If you do please let me know so I can hound my CA. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 04:52 PM   #22
wyrm11
///Man of Steel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
My CA seems to be clueless. I hope you get your car this weekend bud! If you do please let me know so I can hound my CA. Thanks
Well that's disturbing. What does your CA say when you ask him what's going on?

I hope I'm not putting too much faith in my CA, but he seems to know what he's talking about and doesn't seem to be the type to make promises he can't keep. Of course he didn't promise me this weekend so we'll see. I'm going to call him in a few hours and see...I'll let you know.
Appreciate 0