E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > walnut blasting

08-06-2015, 01:06 PM   #23
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335d

Brakes AMIGO you ordinary OEM brakes will not be able to hold on to the beast once you decide to stop it, trust me on this I had to get the Stop Tech Cross Drilled w Hawks to stop the animal like it should
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 01:56 PM   #24
Hoooper
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335D

Yes perfectly safe to run it with the egr blocked and no tune yet.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 02:38 PM   #25
melonbread
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooper View Post
Yes perfectly safe to run it with the egr blocked and no tune yet.
than why does renntech require you to remove the DPF before installing the tune? i thought the tune was to disable the egr? likewise the same as physically blocking with plates?

on the comparision side of the two available tunes well known here in the forum... does Jarek's tune require DPF physically delete as well like renntech tune?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 04:56 PM   #26
Hoooper
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonbread View Post
than why does renntech require you to remove the DPF before installing the tune? i thought the tune was to disable the egr? likewise the same as physically blocking with plates?

on the comparision side of the two available tunes well known here in the forum... does Jarek's tune require DPF physically delete as well like renntech tune?
If you get a normal tune for DPF still on, then its safe. If you get a DPF delete tune then you would have problems running with one since regenerations would be deleted, along with possibly adding in more fuel than the DPF can handle you would clog it up in a couple hundred miles. AFAIK they both offer tunes for those with and without DPF.
Appreciate 0