E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Question about scheduled maintenance and oil leak

07-07-2015, 01:20 PM   #1
jgarrison
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

I purchased a 2009 e92 335i w/ 64k miles in mid-april and the previous owner kept all the maintenance records. It had a couple weeks of cpo warranty left when I got it and the previous owner had a lot of work done to it a few months prior to him selling it. It currently has just over 67k miles. Everything has been running well other than two things.

1) in May, I tried to start it, it turned over and then didn't start and the check engine light came on. I tried again and it started right up. I immediately ordered a code reader and when it came in it gave the codes "002A9A Intake camshaft sensor", "003100 Boost pressure control." I did some reading and the boost pressure control is from the computer automatically limiting boost to prevent damage to the engine, so there's nothing wrong with the turbos. I cleared the code to see if it would come back and it never did.

2) the oil level was almost to the max line when I got it about 4k miles ago. It dropped very gradually and today when I checked it it was at about 25% of the way between "min" and "max." I know these cars gradually lose oil and I didn't notice any on the ground where I park. It seems to be pretty steady, and hasn't lost any all at once. I was planning on doing an oil change after 5k miles anyways. Is this cause for concern?

My other question is regarding maintenance. I put the records into an excel spreadsheet to keep them organized and I've attached screenshots of them. What should I be planning on doing next as far as maintenance goes at 70k miles, 80k etc. I'm located in FL where the two temperatures for the year are "hot" in the summer and "less hot" in the winter lol

edit: after driving two more times today, the oil level was back at 75% both times. Maybe I didn't let it warm up enough he first time when it read 25%
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-08-2015, 02:08 PM   #2
Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe

Garage List
You seem to take a keen interest in maintenance issues, so try Googling 'Mike Miller BMW Maintenance Schedule'. You'll find it interesting reading. Not everyone concurs, but it's a useful counterpoint to the current BMW 'lifetime fill' nonsense...
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Swift thrust sheets; 3 x chassis braces; diff brace; N53 V-brace; 034 subframe inserts; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Delrin shift bushes; Saikoumichi OCC; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; HEL s/steel brake hoses; M3 rear spoiler; Recaro Sportster CSs; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; LED side repeaters; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof/clear front
Appreciate 0