E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Sunroof Issue. Found what may be causing it but need to figure out how to fix.

07-15-2015, 08:06 PM   #1
NJ Krish
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328xi 2008 Coupe

Garage List
2008 Bmw 328xi  [10.00]
Sunroof Issue. Found what may be causing it but need to figure out how to fix.

So for a while now I have been having the anti-trap/sliding error on my e92 coupe 328xi 2008. At first I tried the initialization and it didn't work. I checked the fuse and recently even replaced the motor (Had one I gotten for free so not an issue). What my sunroof does is it opens up only a small amount every time you press the button for close or open. It will not slide into the car fully. But I realized that one side is lower than the other, so I decided to take out the roof and see how the frame itself works and this is what I found.

sorry for the crappy video quality, youtube is taking a while to upload in 1080.
seems like somehow the part broke and goes all the way through what is seen. I try to show both sides of the sunroof where one side works fine. But the other side pushes further causing that side to go even higher.

I checked real oem but cant figure out what Part I would have to replace to fix this or if this is even a simple fix.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=54_0341

would someone be able to help identify what part I would need to fix this? It seems like the part itself can be taken out but I'd feel safer knowing there is a replacement in case it breaks completely. Not understanding how it broke in the first place and why the roof slides more on that side itself. Any information is greatly appreciated!
Current 2008 Bmw 328xi Coupe Sport N51 /w 3 stage IM | VMR 710 w/ Conti DWS | AA Tune Stage 2 | AA Signature Exhaust | Red Cyba scoops | Lux V4 | Euro-box mod w/ Silicone intake hose | Eibach pro kit w/ Bilstein Sport | Carbon Fiber Hood powerdome | Mtech Bumper w/ Akyrim CF lip
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 03:25 PM   #2
BashShah
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan

Call your local dealers parts dept.
Ask for an email address, and send them the video link along with your words on what the problem is.
They will at the least tell you what parts you need to fix it.
And if the parts are available for sale individually.

Keeps us posted

DN
Appreciate 0