E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Can anyone tell what this is? (picture inside)

03-15-2016, 11:51 AM   #1
Camman
What am I doing here?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 328i 6MT

Can anyone tell what this is? (picture inside)

So for a while I've been hearing this rattle (high pitch metallic sound) when I accelerate from 1-2k rpm. After 2k, it goes away so I figured something was loose and wasn't too much of a concern. Well I had to tear the front end off last night to fish out a bolt I dropped (nice, bro). Well, I began looking to see where the noise was coming from and I banged on the plastic skid/debris guard and I heard the noise. After some more looking I found this piece just resting on the guard.

It's a shitty photo I know but I didn't have enough room or time to tear the car apart more to look at it more closely. It has a couple pieces of hose going to it and some kind of mounting bracket with a bolt(the loose bolt was what was making the noise)

Can anyone tell what this is and how it may have fell off from it's mounting place?
      03-16-2016, 08:49 PM   #2
gunnerxq
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 "325i"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camman View Post
So for a while I've been hearing this rattle (high pitch metallic sound) when I accelerate from 1-2k rpm. After 2k, it goes away so I figured something was loose and wasn't too much of a concern. Well I had to tear the front end off last night to fish out a bolt I dropped (nice, bro). Well, I began looking to see where the noise was coming from and I banged on the plastic skid/debris guard and I heard the noise. After some more looking I found this piece just resting on the guard.

It's a shitty photo I know but I didn't have enough room or time to tear the car apart more to look at it more closely. It has a couple pieces of hose going to it and some kind of mounting bracket with a bolt(the loose bolt was what was making the noise)

Can anyone tell what this is and how it may have fell off from it's mounting place?
Hmm transmission fluid line? Maybe brake. Probably not power steering
Koni special active red, eibach pro-kit springs, Remus exhaust, stage 3 intake manifold,Stage 2 AA tune, BMW Short shift kit. Silicon intake pipe. M3 control arms front, M3 rear. ECS trailing arm with whiteline bushings. Purple powerflex subframe bushings. Yellow power flex upper shock mounts. Single mass flywheel OE weight.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 01:22 PM   #3
SDemetris
FSAE Dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerxq View Post
Hmm transmission fluid line? Maybe brake. Probably not power steering
if he has a short shift kit, it probably isnt a transmission cooler line...

1985 Gazelle Beige 325e: Poly everything, e24 3.25 LSD, 225 lb weight reduction, Corbeau FX1, Shifter machined by me, roll bar, harness, all the other goodies. My "Racecar"...15x7 BBS RA
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 03:26 PM   #4
Camman
What am I doing here?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 328i 6MT

I do not have a short shift kit. Also, I will add that this was more on the passenger side of the bay but close to the center.
      03-17-2016, 04:25 PM   #5
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: "NBO" 330i

I'm thinking PS line. Don't E90s have PS coolers?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 10:07 PM   #6
Eddien123
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassmaschine
I'm thinking PS line. Don't E90s have PS coolers?
I believe so.
Appreciate 0