E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Car alarm controlled via both car key fob and alarm pager

08-11-2008, 01:41 PM   #1
cstavaru
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i M Sport Sedan 6MT

Car alarm controlled via both car key fob and alarm pager

Hi,

I am preparing to buy my first BMW in a short time and I am concerned about security. I want a long-range 2-way car alarm with pager. My tought is to get the Compustar 2WSSR because I heard it has the longest range and I park my car a few blocks away from my apartment (hopefully it works through concrete walls...).

However, I am not prepared to always carry a huge pager together with the car's fob. I was thinking about setting up the alarm such that it can be armed/disarmed with the car key fob and also with the alarm's pager. This way I can leave the pager at home most of the time and only use it to supervise the car's security at night when I sleep.

Do you think this would be possible ? Has anyone done this ?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2008, 04:31 PM   #2
TMR
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

It wont work with the factory key fob. Best thing to do is insure it well and dont worry about it.

www.tmrmzine.com/335
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2008, 04:56 PM   #3
cstavaru
Brigadier General
Rep

I know at least one alarm system that works with the factory key fob: Viper 3901V.

http://www.viper.com/Products/Produc...?ProductID=120

I was wondering if this kind of thing is available on Compustar too, I mean, a clever installer should be able to make this work since its possible.

I know that in this forum many people think the car alarm is no good, but if so then why would the insurance companies charge you less if you have an alarm installed. Its gotta be good for something
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2008, 06:51 PM   #4
cstavaru
Brigadier General
Rep

Hi,

I just found out from CompuStar support that this IS possible...so you can leave the bulky 2way pager at home when you don't need it, and you can use your regular car key fob for basic alarm arming/disarming.
Appreciate 0