E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Does Hamilton deserve the title...? Lets look in detail.

Closed Thread

11-03-2008, 03:59 AM   #89
phrozen06
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328it, RIP M3, E46 Sold

Who ever has the most points at the end of the season should win. Period! That's why you need to stack you wins early in the season so that you don't have to depend on other drivers later on for your title hopes. It's just the way it is.
      11-03-2008, 04:07 AM   #90
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
He is world champion and now Hamilton is set to be the highest paid sportsman in the WORLD - estimated £100m a year!!! How many DXBs can you buy with that sort of money!!!????
      11-03-2008, 04:45 AM   #91
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
None, the DXB is priceless!!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 05:42 AM   #92
andy69
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90-320d

can someone PM me whatever Carlos said ?

Just interested as I have followed the thread from the start and now ive missed out on the main talking point

The magazine article is a complete waste of time, you can say that about anything in life.

Hamilton deserved his win and I am revelling in winding up all the one eyed Spaniards over here
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 05:47 AM   #93
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy69 View Post
can someone PM me whatever Carlos said ?

Just interested as I have followed the thread from the start and now ive missed out on the main talking point

The magazine article is a complete waste of time, you can say that about anything in life.

Hamilton deserved his win and I am revelling in winding up all the one eyed Spaniards over here
you have pm mate.
      11-03-2008, 12:01 PM   #94
alcook
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP Convertible

Carlos. You've not backed up a single statement. All of your posts revolve around the good and bad 'luck' of Massa and Hamilton and around your opinion and the would 'should'.

As I've typed elsewhere, luck plays it's role in every aspect of our lives so should be taken in that context. Every driver had similar slices of luck of various thickness's...

As you appear to be basing you whole argument around it, you may as well throw in Tarot card sessions and Astrology.... you'll then have a full set of shite with which to base further arguments on.

The points do not lie. If they did mate, we'd be calling into question every F1 Championship from the year dot as well as every single game on the planet that relies upon season based table results. Including your wins in Karting as I'm sure other drivers around you had various slices of good and bad luck in their seasons. An utterly pointless exercise and a premise that is totally without foundation.

What you also fail to see is the comedy you're producing by attempting to elevate yourself to a pundit who needs listening too because you've got some Karting experience and you class yourself as being good. That my friend is arrogance of the highest order. Why?

Because F1 racing is sooooooo removed from karting. Sure Karting gives you a good grounding in control, tactics and the art of racing, but until you can show us your single seat experience beyond karts, and not a few years in a single highly limited class and a few runs up Santa Pod then you're on to a hiding to nothing. It matters not that others drivers you competed with are now racing in GT of BTCC categories. The fact is.. you're not. Therefore you're comments carry as much weight as everyone elses. Many of whom you know nothing about their racing pedigrees. No one else is putting themselves on pedestals. Why? Because that would be seen as arrogant; ultimately reducing their credibility to zero as they try and justify their lowly track experience against F1.

Last edited by alcook; 11-03-2008 at 12:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 12:18 PM   #95
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Is it maybe time that this thread were closed?? Its all getting incredibly boring and repetitive.
      11-03-2008, 12:24 PM   #96
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
why is everyone castrating me??

I have said nothing racist. I am not a racist.

what makes you think i am?
Carl,

First off - I think you mean 'castigating'. I don't think anyone has suggested castrating you (yet)

I don't know if you are a racist, but the response to the remarks you made is quite understandable.

I don't see that Lewis Hamiltons ethnicity is in any way relevant to any discussion of his ability, his choice of girlfriend of the level of publicity that he has gained.

You chose to bring it into the discussion in a negative way and I would strongly suggest that you consider why this caused offence.

Regards,

NFS
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 12:32 PM   #97
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Hamilton is the World Champ, and those who don't think he deserves it, well too bad Get a life!
      11-03-2008, 03:13 PM   #98
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcook View Post
Carlos. You've not backed up a single statement. All of your posts revolve around the good and bad 'luck' of Massa and Hamilton and around your opinion and the would 'should'.

As I've typed elsewhere, luck plays it's role in every aspect of our lives so should be taken in that context. Every driver had similar slices of luck of various thickness's...

As you appear to be basing you whole argument around it, you may as well throw in Tarot card sessions and Astrology.... you'll then have a full set of shite with which to base further arguments on.

The points do not lie. If they did mate, we'd be calling into question every F1 Championship from the year dot as well as every single game on the planet that relies upon season based table results. Including your wins in Karting as I'm sure other drivers around you had various slices of good and bad luck in their seasons. An utterly pointless exercise and a premise that is totally without foundation.

What you also fail to see is the comedy you're producing by attempting to elevate yourself to a pundit who needs listening too because you've got some Karting experience and you class yourself as being good. That my friend is arrogance of the highest order. Why?

Because F1 racing is sooooooo removed from karting. Sure Karting gives you a good grounding in control, tactics and the art of racing, but until you can show us your single seat experience beyond karts, and not a few years in a single highly limited class and a few runs up Santa Pod then you're on to a hiding to nothing. It matters not that others drivers you competed with are now racing in GT of BTCC categories. The fact is.. you're not. Therefore you're comments carry as much weight as everyone elses. Many of whom you know nothing about their racing pedigrees. No one else is putting themselves on pedestals. Why? Because that would be seen as arrogant; ultimately reducing their credibility to zero as they try and justify their lowly track experience against F1.

you have no clue my friend.
      11-03-2008, 03:16 PM   #99
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
you have no clue my friend.
Carl- I'm afraid I didn't want to do this, but this thread is just turning into a complete & utter waste of time & hard drive space.

Viv

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread