E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Is the Sirius Leader on schedule?

10-07-2006, 01:49 PM   #111
Phila
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325xi

the wait is killing me too. /(>___<; )\

I've been trying to focus on little side projects to keep me sane. Like this weekend, my little brother and I are gonna go sub&amp shopping (for the jetta). The Jetta's becoming our own little project car hehe. Anything to keep my mind off the wait.
      10-08-2006, 08:35 AM   #112
bimmergirl22
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi Jet Black

keep me updated on yours! apparently mine arrived yesterday at my dealership but no one has called me yet
      10-10-2006, 03:47 PM   #113
jtmililani808
Private
Rep
Drives: YMB F80

Any new pick ups yet?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2006, 09:23 PM   #114
Phila
Lieutenant
Rep

i got mine today!
      10-10-2006, 09:35 PM   #115
Schweitzer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
i got mine today!
Congrats, Phila!!! Enjoy your long awaited ride!

bimmergirl, what's your status?
      10-10-2006, 09:54 PM   #116
bimmergirl22
Private
Rep

Congrats!! mine arrived to the dealer yesterday. I wont get it for a few days though cuz of some paperwork that has to be sent between maryland and here. I'll probably have it by Thursday which is my day off of work so im excited! Whats even better is i cant wait to get rid of this rental. How are you enjoying your cars? anymore pics to share?
      10-10-2006, 11:59 PM   #117
Phila
Lieutenant
Rep

Bimmergirl, it's too bad that you gotta wait a few days more, but it'll only make the moment you get it all the more sweet

The ride home was pretty awesome, very stable, never lacked the power to pass Once I got off the freeway, it was hard to go the speed limit

The ipod sounds great over the cheapo aux cable from Target hehe, I just gotta find a way to organize those wires! The sound system in the car is the standard one, but it still sounds loads better than what I had in my jetta so i'm happy.
My cell phone (k750i) paired quite easily once I read the instructions but I havent had the chance to really test it out.

a couple things that I need to investigate:
1) When starting off from a stop, I feel the pause/hesitation that a lot of other people on the forums have said they experience. Some people have said putting the car into DS mode solves that problem... we'll see.
2) I haven't been able to program the universal garage door opener to work with my garage door. My dad's car can't do it either so it wasn't totally unexpected.
      10-11-2006, 08:18 AM   #118
bimmergirl22
Private
Rep

Thanks! I'm excited. Glad to hear you loved every moment of driving it. So your saying go with the Target one? Is it just a plain 6ft AUX cable? you shouldnt need a long one since its in the middle console i thought. I might see if apple has something at the store since i need to go pick up something else. Also i want to connect my phone as well. You didnt have to buy a cradle did you? you just need bluetooth? well enjoy your car. I'll probably have mine on Thursday or Friday at the latest
      10-11-2006, 08:44 PM   #119
Phila
Lieutenant
Rep

update:
**did a couple searches and got the garage door opener to work! plus I got my dad's to work too! BONUS!
**yeah, about that 6ft cable... its DEFINATELY too long but it works. I'll prob switch to a nice 2ft or 1ft cord with right angle plugs.
**No cradle for my phone, just bluetooth.

update again:
I didn't know my car had voice command! I thought only people with Nav had it but I was wrong. Now I can dial by voice! Hooray!

BTW - I read the manual about the break-in period and all it says is to keep it under 100mph and refrain from going over 4500rpms. lol... what an easy break-in. It can already accel pretty fast without going over 4500rpm, I can't wait to see what the car's capable of after the break-in period

Last edited by Phila; 10-11-2006 at 09:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2006, 10:15 PM   #120
Phila
Lieutenant
Rep

Last post on these delivery threads I promise hehe. I'll start posting in the general section in the future. I just wanted to check on bimmergirls status and let everyone know that I think I'm enjoying my car too much.
I have sooo much fun with it. I have fun when I'm driving it. I have fun when its just sitting in my driveway(tinkering with options & features). When I read about something I didn't know about, I run out to my car and try it heheahea. Its my baby
No pics cause my phone cam doesn't do it justice. You've all seen stock cars anyway, so if the pics aren't gonna be nice, i'm not gonna bother wasting the bandwidth.
      10-13-2006, 11:42 AM   #121
bimmergirl22
Private
Rep

Thanks for coming back to check on me. I'm picking mine up this afternoon I am very excited and i also did a bit of shopping for my car. I ended up buying a Belkin AUX cable from Apple for $19.95. I was hesitant because im not a fan of Belkin but i like it because it has a retractable wire that can go up to 4.9ft. I'm also going to look into a remote for the steering wheel if i opt not to get the ipod module installed. Thats great to hear about how much you enjoy your car. I'll probably be doing the same thing for the next few days. I've already read the manual on here but i'll probably read it again and sit in my car w/ it. Don't forget to look out for my Black 325xi.I'm sure yours is probably one of the only ones out there as well.
      10-13-2006, 08:12 PM   #122
bimmergirl22
Private
Rep

I LOVE IT! I've driven it all afternoon and im absolutely in love Now i just have to remember i cant go over speed bumps fast or park further head in then im used to. I will miss my SUV but i absolutely love this car.
      10-14-2006, 01:45 AM   #123
Phila
Lieutenant
Rep

Ooooo retractable wire!! You went to the apple store in stoneridge right? I might wanna get that, please keep me updated on your experience with that aux cable A remote is also definately a good idea hehe.

I was driving my boss out to lunch today and he asked about DS mode, so I put the car into sport mode... then I turned it off cause it reved too high. If you wanna follow the manufacturer's break in rules, i wouldn't use DS.

I dont think theres very many xi's around this area so you probably won't be hard to spot. Ward lives in San Ramon too, I wonder if I've ever seen him driving around and not know it?

Some fun driving roads? Try taking Crow Canyon Rd all the way to Castro Valley, people told me Dougherty Rd might be fun, and a coworker told me to try some road called Tesla Rd. I might try driving through BlackHawk this weekend, they're all Rustic and stuff out there... well as rustic as rich ppl get anyway...

Don't forget to share your thoughts and discoveries with us! -Phil
[edit] Oh ya, congrats on finally getting your car
      10-16-2006, 01:15 AM   #124
Phila
Lieutenant
Rep

Today a local shop owner (who owns a couple bmws himself) saw my bmw and started chatting with me. He told me that taking Tassahara up to blackhawk is a fun little drive and I should try it. I'm just sharing this tidbit with you guys around pleasanton, san ramon, dublin.