Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Wheel Alignment e90 Step

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-25-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Msport + E83 Msport

Wheel Alignment e90 Step

Hey guys,

Just got my rear tires replaced, did a transmission, brake, differential fluid drain/fill, Coolant flush, and an oil change. However, when my car was on the lift, I noticed that my driver's side front and rear tires are worn a bit more on the inside...

When I spoke to my tech (btw, I got all the service above done at the dealer), he said NTB should be fine to get a wheel alignment.

Long story short, after I browsed the forums a little bit, I noticed that many people have been using the KDS system (by Hunter) to get a wheel alignment. I went into NTB today and asked which Machine they have -- and they told me they have a Hunter (for the record, I didn't ask them if they had a KDS or Hunter) machine for wheel alignments. I also asked how much it would be, they said $150. And lastly, just for credibility, I asked them how long it would take, and they told me that it would really depend on how bad my wheels are out of alignment; Usually 1.5 to 2 hours.

Do you think it would be okay for me to take my car to get a wheel alignment from them?

[Oh, I also went to Merchant's Tire, and they said the wheel alignment would be $80, it would take 1/2 an hour, and the machine is Visualign or something like that.]

Anyway, add your 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2010, 09:41 AM   #2
bimdaddy
Major
Rep
Drives: 911 Carrera & G01 X3

You got all that work done at the dealer, you may as well let them do the alignment. Dealer costs around 180-200 but it will get done right. I lowered my car and had my dealer align and everything is back within bmw specs. Took them about an hour.
      02-26-2010, 12:32 PM   #3
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Msport + E83 Msport

Yea, I figured that, but was just wondering because they have this multi-year wheel alignment program. 3 years unlimited for 220 and 5 years unlimited alignments for 270 or something like that.
Appreciate 0