E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > BMW Mobile Office...Help

02-16-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
goodoldcbcjohn
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i x-Drive Sedan

Garage List
BMW Mobile Office...Help

So I just picked up my new 328i XDrive which I must say is amazing. I have it fully loaded with iDrive and smartphone integration. I have the smartphone adapter for my Blackberry Bold 9700. It is connected through the bluetooth and works fine for phone calls and contacts list. What I am wondering is is there a work around to get the rest of the office functions to work. it seems that according to the BMW website there are only 4 phones out there that give you the rest of the functions. Why would BMW spend all the time to create the SMS and e-mail and the tasks features if only a few phones can use them....

Any insight into this or to help me get mine going would be great!
      02-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
goodoldcbcjohn
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i x-Drive Sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodoldcbcjohn View Post
So I just picked up my new 328i XDrive which I must say is amazing. I have it fully loaded with iDrive and smartphone integration. I have the smartphone adapter for my Blackberry Bold 9700. It is connected through the bluetooth and works fine for phone calls and contacts list. What I am wondering is is there a work around to get the rest of the office functions to work. it seems that according to the BMW website there are only 4 phones out there that give you the rest of the functions. Why would BMW spend all the time to create the SMS and e-mail and the tasks features if only a few phones can use them....

Any insight into this or to help me get mine going would be great!
So i was able to find out the solution...when you go to telephone -> Find your bluetooth device and hit options you have to make sure "office" and "Audio" are both checked. once you do that it should work....