E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > SYDNEY 1addicts/e90post meet and cruise day - Sunday, 28th Nov

11-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #89
saferisk
Back in the BMW family
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Damn, really would like to go but still putting some small finishing touches!

Come on Melbourne~ Lets do one too!
      11-24-2010, 07:47 PM   #90
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

Guys I'm out, sorry. Sunday has turned into one jampacked day and a cruise is the last thing on the priorities list... keep safe and have fun!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 01:58 AM   #91
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

I've been booked by the Mrs for a school picnic so cannot make it .... plus pretty sure I was pinged the other night by one of those damn safety cameras so too few points maybe for a while
Vishnu PROcede V5 | VK Motorworks FMIC | AR Design OCC | Forge DV's | Bilstein PSS9 | M3 Lower Control Arms & Caster Rods | Quaife LSD | HiTech Exhaust | BMW Performance Illuminated Door Sills | BMW Performance Gear Selector & Boot | BMW Performance E-Brake Cover
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 03:41 AM   #92
mr e90
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW E90

how many more posts do i need?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 03:56 AM   #93
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr e90 View Post
how many more posts do i need?
Still a few more, I can't PM you yet. Try to get to 10 posts and i'll try again.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 04:43 AM   #94
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

The weather forecast is not looking good. We might have to postpone

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 04:53 AM   #95
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
The weather forecast is not looking good. We might have to postpone
Yep, saw that tonight. There is rain to the west of us which might move in on Sunday. Not sure how bad though. I hope it is just cloudy.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 05:14 AM   #96
johnnydad
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2 - 05 RS Clio 182 Cup

'fraid I'm out too - kick off is a bit late and can't really miss my daughter's birthday party...
99 BMW Baby Racer - red; 05 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue - Konis - Eibachs - Remus - Turinis
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 10:38 PM   #97
Tenchi12
Rep
Drives: 4 Wheels?

Hey Guys,

I got asked by SBC to tag along for this. I'll probably be shotgun for most of the day as I'll be on my camera.

Just to entice an M3 or two (probably the only car that I've been scared shitless in) here's a quick pic when I met up with Sujoy last time.

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 11:33 PM   #98
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi12 View Post
Hey Guys,

I got asked by SBC to tag along for this. I'll probably be shotgun for most of the day as I'll be on my camera.

Just to entice an M3 or two (probably the only car that I've been scared shitless in) here's a quick pic when I met up with Sujoy last time.

Awesome pics Tenchi12, will be great to have you at the meet. I know is more to do with skills but just curious, what camera you using?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 12:10 AM   #99
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Hey Guys,

Scared shitless from straight line speed? Ha..haha..hahahaha you should take a ride in any one of our tuned x35i's this Sunday and have 'shit your pants' redefined.

I'll give you a free blast on the house

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 01:14 AM   #100
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep

No M3s, but if Jeefs 135i didn't make you shit your pants last time, IT WILL THIS time.

Your pants will remain clean while in my car.

Last edited by sbce90; 11-26-2010 at 01:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 01:39 AM   #101
Drew335
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i

Hi all - sorry but I am out as well

I have a conflict with something my wife has organised on Sunday, it involves the kids so a bit hard to get out of. Also I am not sure I could handle 10+ hours in the car on one day, given it's almost three hours just to reach the start point when driving from Canberra.

If you do reschedule due to the weather I am defo in for the next run...
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 01:55 AM   #102
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

yupz, looks like gonna be stormy weather, SBC, reckon is a good idea to postpone to another day?

Last edited by cruvon; 11-26-2010 at 03:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 03:11 AM   #103
Tenchi12
Rep
Drives: 4 Wheels?

I'm using a 5Dii and a 7D. Wish I could afford a D3s... oh well one day
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 03:33 AM   #104
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I'm using a 5Dii and a 7D. Wish I could afford a D3s... oh well one day
The 5Dii is a kewl machine
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 05:03 AM   #105
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep

Weather

I understand that there is some concern regarding the weather on Sunday. As of this moment, the date stands. But I will have a chat with Jeef and we will decide what to do. There are a few things to consider, which makes this decision a bit harder to make. Of course, peoples' safety is of highest concern. However, the last time 1Addicts planned a meet the weather forecast was not favorable but on the day it was absolutely fine. Often the weather clears up during the course of the day too. The forecast was meant to be rain for all of this month, but clearly that has not happened and I do not wish to prematurely cancel the meet. There has been such a build up and wait for this meet that I feel it will be a shame to cancel it so quickly.

Another factor to consider is the amount of people who have been notified and how often members check the E90post.com Australia page. I do not wish to be in a position where a few people turn up to the starting point only to find out that the meet is not on.

Personally, I feel that we should keep the meet as planned. We can meet up at the start point and make a decision on the day about what to do. If the weather does hold up then we can go for the cruise as planned. Should it be unfavorable perhaps we can have a chat and photoshoot indoor somewhere. Carpark or garage shots??? Would look amazing with multiple BMWs. This way we still get the opportunity to see some faces from online. Turn out for the pre-meet was okay, but this weekend will see some new faces. Also.. we can get our E90post.com stickers from Stu. I don't want to cancel the meet now, only to wake up on Sunday to find that the weather is fine. I'm sure we will all be kicking ourselves.

AS of now. Meet is still ON as planned.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 03:39 PM   #106
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
I understand that there is some concern regarding the weather on Sunday. As of this moment, the date stands. But I will have a chat with Jeef and we will decide what to do. There are a few things to consider, which makes this decision a bit harder to make. Of course, peoples' safety is of highest concern. However, the last time 1Addicts planned a meet the weather forecast was not favorable but on the day it was absolutely fine. Often the weather clears up during the course of the day too. The forecast was meant to be rain for all of this month, but clearly that has not happened and I do not wish to prematurely cancel the meet. There has been such a build up and wait for this meet that I feel it will be a shame to cancel it so quickly.

Another factor to consider is the amount of people who have been notified and how often members check the E90post.com Australia page. I do not wish to be in a position where a few people turn up to the starting point only to find out that the meet is not on.

Personally, I feel that we should keep the meet as planned. We can meet up at the start point and make a decision on the day about what to do. If the weather does hold up then we can go for the cruise as planned. Should it be unfavorable perhaps we can have a chat and photoshoot indoor somewhere. Carpark or garage shots??? Would look amazing with multiple BMWs. This way we still get the opportunity to see some faces from online. Turn out for the pre-meet was okay, but this weekend will see some new faces. Also.. we can get our E90post.com stickers from Stu. I don't want to cancel the meet now, only to wake up on Sunday to find that the weather is fine. I'm sure we will all be kicking ourselves.

sounds good SBC
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 05:31 PM   #107
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post

Sujoy,

Agree; the last drive day we did was this route - Wiseman's - and it was forecast to shit all over us all day. There was a little bit of moisture but it didn't dampen spirits (I couldn't go cause of some middle-aged C200 driver).

Plus -
http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts/sydney.shtml
"Becoming cloudy. Areas of rain and isolated thunderstorms developing in the afternoon"

So we only have it developing in the afternoon, and isolated even when it does develop.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 05:51 PM   #108
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
There's a service bulletin for the ticking noise of the N52. You should do a search for it in the engine section.

It's 'normal' in the sense that almost all N52s experience it. However, it should be up to them to fix.
My blue page said (and knew from my SSA) that they couldn't replicate.

Who cares though, it was just a little bit of ticking when moving slow. Got a 320d that I gave a thrashing for 3 days and Christine pretty much got a free car wash and got to spend some time with her mates.

See you boys tomorrow.

Jeff - you're going to cop it in the twisties.... Akuna Bay.... Now you remember
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 11:48 PM   #109
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

I'm still def in!

And I have the stickers

Perhaps we can try organise another one before the end of 2010, but I know people get busy around December and with going away and everything...
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2010, 04:14 AM   #110
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep

come on guys, don't sit on the fence. show up tomorrow!
Appreciate 0