E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Performance Center Delivery on 3/29/07?

03-02-2007, 02:52 PM   #23
Sea2Ski
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 i SG, 6MT, CWP, BT, NAVI

Sadd, I originally had that day booked, but I was able to get a day off earlier, so I have the 29th. Are you super pumped as well? Thinking aobut it every day and night?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2007, 03:07 PM   #24
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Won-Today View Post
You got it!

Btw... Don't worry about your car, we will reset the miles and put new shoes on it before you take delivery. (just kidding)
I love a BMW employee with a sense of humor!

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2007, 03:19 PM   #25
I-Won-Today
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea2Ski View Post
I need a new cell phone. I was thinking of the Motorola KRZR K1.
I have paired a customer's Motorola KRZR K1 which transfered the phone book and worked in the vehicle. Motorola makes the TCU units for BMW Assist which also houses the bluetooth system, so most Motorola phones work without problems. I have service with Verizon and have the new LG 8600. I haven't noticed any problems yet, but BMW still has not put it on their list either.

Quote:
Also, (and this might be a question you can not answer…..), I am concerned about the performance driving class or experience that I get to go through that day. I hear they give you a comparable model car, so you know how far you can push your private car when you go home. Well, I am getting a 6 MT and I have never had a MT before. Obviously, I can get around in one, but I do not know "best practices" with having one, so I was hoping that the person who will be my coach will factor that in. Your thoughts on this?
All of our vehicles here are Automatics with the exception of M5 & M6 (SMG's) and M Roadster / M Coupe (6 SP MT). The exercises you will be doing mostly requires 1st and 2nd gear. Having automatics in the car lets you concentrate more on what we are trying to teach, versus changing gears.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2007, 03:24 PM   #26
I-Won-Today
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad View Post
I'm doing my PCD on March 30th.
Congrats!

Donnie Isley, who is also our Driving Instructor, will be going over your vehicle with you.

Look forward to seeing you on the 30th.

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2007, 03:43 PM   #27
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Jonathan,
Have the E92's made it to the performance center yet as demo cars?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2007, 03:58 PM   #28
Daas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A British car

Giddy up!

Quote:
Sadd, I originally had that day booked, but I was able to get a day off earlier, so I have the 29th. Are you super pumped as well? Thinking aobut it every day and night?
I've been excited about the car since December, but realized that I would have to wait another 2-3 months (very painful!) to get it. Placed the order in mid January, and can't wait to pick it up. I figured since I'll be waiting 2 months anyway, why not add a few more weeks and do PCD. My car is on Courage and it is supposed to reach SC tomorrow. I guess it will just chill out at the VPC and then at the PCD for the next few weeks. Wish I could get it sooner!

I-Won-Today, thanks for that bit of information. I've heard great things about Donnie.
      03-02-2007, 09:48 PM   #29
Sea2Ski
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have paired a customer's Motorola KRZR K1 which transfered the phone book and worked in the vehicle. Motorola makes the TCU units for BMW Assist which also houses the bluetooth system, so most Motorola phones work without problems. I have service with Verizon and have the new LG 8600. I haven't noticed any problems yet, but BMW still has not put it on their list either.
Great. Then if you are stating that it worked flawlessly, then this is the phone I will probably get. Thank you.

Quote:
All of our vehicles here are Automatics with the exception of M5 & M6 (SMG's) and M Roadster / M Coupe (6 SP MT). The exercises you will be doing mostly requires 1st and 2nd gear. Having automatics in the car lets you concentrate more on what we are trying to teach, versus changing gears.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
That is fine. I have driven ATs all my life, so I will be comfortable in the cars you have there. In a way that is.... I am coming from a 1984 318i coupe. I think the manual says it came with 95 hp, so the 335 I am getting is going to be a rocket compared to what I have right now.

Jonathan, you have NO idea how excited I am. I have been waiting basically all my life for a brand new BMW. Ever since my grandmother got hers in 84 - the one I am driving now, I have wanted a new one. I have sacrificed many things in my life (mini vacations, unnecessary dinners out that I would just want to go to etc...) to save up enough money. Finally, I am getting it after barly scraping enough money together to get it!!! I am not one of the guys you get coming down there who gets a new car ever 3-4 years. And I am certainly not a guy who can "comfortably" afford something like this. (I am not even getting floor mats because of the money issue. Personally I can not believe they do not come with the car... but who am I to complain?!?!?)
This is why this probably will be a once in a lifetime experience for me. So, I hope I do not become a pain to you. Thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions! You are already making my experience GREAT!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2007, 11:31 AM   #30
dkbimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

I have to wait till May or later for my PCD. I ordered 335i last week. I don't even have a date yet. All I have is a production number. I'm sooooo jealous you are going down there this month. Keep us posted about your experience at PCD and post pics. I read great things about it. My wife and I'll be going down there and driving back to Chicago when my time comes. I think my wife is getting tired of me talking about it...
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2007, 11:43 AM   #31
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkbimmer View Post
I think my wife is getting tired of me talking about it...
Welcome to the club!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2007, 07:04 PM   #32
Sea2Ski
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I must be the luckey one. My wife has a countdown going for me. She has known that I wanted a new car for some time now, so she is making it a major event (which it is) for me (us). How cool is that?? In fact, she is the one who thought it was a good idea to do the PCP!!!

I know that she is not all excited about the new car thinking she is going to be driving it, because she can not drive a manual transmission at all. That is what I ordered - though not for that reason.... Am I lucky or what?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2007, 08:04 PM   #33
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
In fact, she is the one who thought it was a good idea to do the PCP!!!
Wow, you are lucky...you found a girl that likes cars and drugs!:rocks:
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2007, 08:53 PM   #34
ATL_Architect
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i e92

I can't wait until the summer of 2009, when I'm planning to combine both european delivery and PCD for the Ultimate Delivery Experience! (sorry, couldn't resist the pun)
      03-04-2007, 09:24 PM   #35
pander5
Special Forces - Discretion is superior
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe Sapphire Black

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
How about a Blackberry 7100i with Nextel service?
      03-04-2007, 10:11 PM   #36
dkbimmer
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I must be the luckey one. My wife has a countdown going for me. She has known that I wanted a new car for some time now, so she is making it a major event (which it is) for me (us). How cool is that?? In fact, she is the one who thought it was a good idea to do the PCP!!!

I know that she is not all excited about the new car thinking she is going to be driving it, because she can not drive a manual transmission at all. That is what I ordered - though not for that reason.... Am I lucky or what?
You are a one lucky guy. Actually I'm pretty lucky too. My wife's pretty cool about this. I just talk about it too much. But how can I not? That's why I come here for some sort of therapy. I told her about ED for next time and she seemed pretty interested. We haven't been to Europe so ED would be a great excuse. OK, one thing at a time...
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2007, 10:55 PM   #37
s4iscool
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

how far in advance do you need to book your PCD date? I am looking at a car that is in port right now, so I imagine that it can be pCD'd anytime?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2007, 06:42 AM   #38
Sea2Ski
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkbimmer View Post
That's why I come here for some sort of therapy....
Amen. She may be excited for me, but she has no idea how much I am still holding back from her, so I do the same thing.

I do not know how long in advance you can book the PCD. I just had a lot of waiting time between delivery of the car, and when I could pick it up. So, I got the date, but am stuck waiting for time to go by.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2007, 06:53 AM   #39
tmj69
Rep

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
Like you guys, I can't wait for my PCD. Thankfully it is tomorrow, and I will have my new E90 335i . I ordered the car in January, and began tracking it immediately on the Owner's Circle, as well as calling the 800 number on a daily basis, as the info was more updated. Then I tracked it across the ocean. My wife thinks I'm nuts as well . But, I think she is getting into it, and is looking forward to a mini vacation in Greenville. I have to say this has been harder than being a kid waiting for Christmas to come ! I'll post pictures soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2007, 07:46 AM   #40
I-Won-Today
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pander5 View Post
How about a Blackberry 7100i with Nextel service?
If my memory serves me correctly, that is the slimmer Blackberry and it will pair and give you the option to transfer nothing, Hot List, or the entire Address Book. However, I believe the vehicle will only hold around 500 entries so anything above that will be left off.

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2007, 07:55 AM   #41
I-Won-Today
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4iscool View Post
how far in advance do you need to book your PCD date? I am looking at a car that is in port right now, so I imagine that it can be pCD'd anytime?
If it is already at the port, it is probably to late right now. We are completely booked for the rest of this month. Typically we can accept reservations at any point up until it gets on a truck to ship to the dealer. Howerver, the further along a vehicle is in the process, the less likely we are to have an available or preffered date.

We ask for the reservations to be sent in ASAP, preferably before the vehicle reaches 112 status (start of production). Our dates are assigned on a first come first serve basis based on when we received that reservation form.

You can't do any damage by trying. If you interested in doing PCD, have your sales person send in a reservation form today.

Hope this helps!

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2007, 08:01 AM   #42
I-Won-Today
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by STE92VE View Post
Jonathan,
Have the E92's made it to the performance center yet as demo cars?
I think we have only one E92, which is currently getting the break-in mileage put on it. BMWNA only gives us access to a limited number of vehicles, so we have to balance our fleet for Deliveries, Driving Schools, and Corporate Events.

Needless to say 4 doors is easier than 2 to try to get people in and out of vehicles during a driving school, so most of our fleet is comprised of sedans.

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2007, 03:48 PM   #43
s4iscool
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

thanks for the info, very nice to have you represent bmw so nicely on here
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 02:07 PM   #44
bluebug
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 335

PCD and Performance Driving School?

is it possible to do both Performance Delivery and Performance Driving School in a day?
Appreciate 0