E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > My e91 didn't start

07-13-2011, 07:19 AM   #1
Nicky_Santoro
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW G311 530xd 2018

My e91 didn't start

Hi all,

My car is a e91/320d/2007/manual/keyless go/entry - 121 000km.

I was at a carwash yesterday (int + ext). I was in the tunnel, the car had the engine runing, i was at the wheel and when finished, i parked it for the interior.

I pressed the Start/Stop Engine button twice and took the key. The key was in my pocket all the time. I was at about 15-20 metres from the car, waiting at a table, having a soda.

After 25 min aprox, the guy called me saying the car is done.

OK, I got in the car, I pressed the clutch, I pressed the button and ... surprise, the car didn't start. All the lights came on, the iDrive screen, the radio, the headlights, the phone, everything accept the freaking engine. OK, i tried again, this time putting the key into the slot. Didn't work either!

I got down from the car, I closed the car and reopened it. Put the key into the slot .... same problem. ALSO, the steering wheel was blocked and no faults on the screen were shown. I couldn't steer the wheels ... so I couldn't push the car in any direction accept forward or backward. After ... i pushed it out from that place, it was a queue, other customers were waiting, I tried again, and it worked.

I repeat myself, no faults were shown on the screen during the whole ... "process".

It was really frustrating and I hope it won't happen again. I'm curious though ... what happened? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your asnwers!
Appreciate 0