E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Just got my muffler delete done today,

09-13-2011, 12:18 AM   #1
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Just got my muffler delete done today,

So I was planning on going to this really talked about muffler shop called allied, Once I arrived around 4:30, I spoke to the guy and asked him how much it'd cost to do it. He replies, "well if it fits, 50....." I asked,"well, can we get started on it?" Him,"NO. I close at 5 and I only do appointments." I look around and see NO cars in his lot and he's just sitting around smoking a cig.... I just sat back in the car and drove off thinking to myself, "what a lazy asshole!" So I found a little mom and pop shop down in East LB and I looked inside. It said closing at 5 I just went in to ask for a quote and the guy responds, "well it's almost 5 but IDC, we can get started right now for 45." I was in aww in how this guy actually would take a customer 5 minutes before closing and still was willing to do an amazing job! He let me take a few sound clips of my car before and after as well. He put my car on the lift and start to cut the stock exhaust off. He then asks me how high or low I'd like the positioning of the tips. As soon as I told him I was satisfied with the positioning he started immediately. He opened the flange on the pipe and sealed the hell out of it with the welds. He completed the job in 20 minutes and told me to take my time checking it out and taking pics of the welds. He used mirrors to show the hidden areas and it was just beautiful. Honestly he doesn't do a whole role of nickle kinda job but it is better than a bunch of spot welds. His moto is :the customers come first. if you're not here, then you're not top priority. Basically, he doesn't pick up the phone if he's speaking with customers but his other workers will. He will give you his undivided attention and make you completely satisfied. Not to mention he actually has the knowledge around cars unlike many other shops! He takes his time enough to be error free and stay damage free but quick enough to not have you sitting there for hours on end.

Biz info.
TECH'S tires, brakes, and muffler service
performance mufflers and catalytic converters
1404 EAST ANAHEIM ST. (Located between orange and walnut.)
LONG BEACH,CA 90813
Monday-Saturday
9:00am-5:00pm (time will vary, because he will stay after if there's alot of customers or if there's any at all.)
Phone number # (562) 591-0412
you can find magnaflow, flowmaster, cherry bomb and many other mufflers/exhaust systems at this shop.

PLEASE EVERYONE, JUST TAKE A CHANCE AND JUST CHECK THE PLACE OUT. I PROMISE YOU'LL BE SATISFIED!

I will upload pics and sound clips sometime this week.
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.

Last edited by kiwi29; 09-13-2011 at 12:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 12:32 AM   #2
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi29 View Post
"well if it fits, 50....."
what is there to fit? arent u removing the muffler?

and thanks for the shop info. looking to get mine done soon too
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 12:34 AM   #3
hipnotic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Garage List
2008 335i coupe  [7.00]
how is the drone on your vehicle. I was going to go with this route but decided to get magnaflow mufflers just to be safe.
      09-13-2011, 12:49 AM   #4
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by edirtaynine View Post
what is there to fit? arent u removing the muffler?

and thanks for the shop info. looking to get mine done soon too
well I bought a used delete from a member on here already, the flange looked small and the guy didn't even seem to try to make any effort to look at how it'd fit. Tech, he took my car on the lift and looked at it and showed me how it'd fit. he cut it off at the oem weld line so if I decide to go backwards, i can weld it back on with no proof of anything ever being done. He opened the attachment flange and tested it until it'd fit perfectly. Please, even if you're not sure of the shop , just check it out. If you around the area, I can try to stop by and let you check out my welds for proof of workmanship

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh06lau View Post
how is the drone on your vehicle. I was going to go with this route but decided to get magnaflow mufflers just to be safe.
Actually, i haven't notice any drones but then again i don't keep my foot on the gas constantly, i press on and off every so often. But magnaflow is a good route as well, i was going to go this way but i'd rather do it this way so just incase a chp (knock on glass) trips on me, it looks oem and it looks like it's a 330 set of tips and it's not obnoxiously loud or anything, it's actually pretty nice at a cruising speed. It gets quieter around the higher rpms (5500-redline) and if you do cruise, it gets quieter until you step on it. and it's cheap and temporary for now until i get an eissenmann race exhaust
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.

Last edited by kiwi29; 09-13-2011 at 12:58 AM..
Appreciate 0