E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Bmw e90

Yesterday, 11:37 AM   #1
rade
Registered
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 2007 90 kw 122hp

Bmw e90

greetings, does anyone know when driving, it starts messing up, it often crashes my computer? bmw e90 2007 90kw 122 hp
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:52 AM   #2
lordnikon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Break My Wallet

Garage List
What?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:25 PM   #3
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by rade View Post
greetings, does anyone know when driving, it starts messing up, it often crashes my computer? bmw e90 2007 90kw 122 hp
Welcome to the Forum!
I presume for most folks in Serbia, English is NOT the Primary Language?

My understanding of your post & photos is that the Instrument Cluster has RANDOM Warning Lights when the engine (Diesel) is running, and when ALTERNATOR is Charging.

If that is the case, be aware that the Instrument Cluster sends & receives ALL its signals, except Ambient/Outside Temp, via Bus System. While there are MANY things that can "Scramble" the Bus Signals, resulting in a "Light Show" on your dash, & perhaps OTHER faults, such as Wiper "Self-Activation", "Over-voltage", or Alternator Output > 16V is most frequent cause of that condition.

A Scan Tool can display System Voltage (as Live Data) with engine running. A Multimeter can read system voltage at the Jumpstart Terminals under hood, or you can plug a $10 meter into the Lighter Socket. I would use ONE of those methods to monitor System Voltage with engine running, Particularly when/ if Cluster Warning Lights appear.

Also, if you have a Scan Tool/ diagnostic Software such as INPA/ ISTA, you can view "Freeze Frame Data", which is a "Snapshot" of Inputs to a Module when Fault Code saved, such as Voltage, Temperature, RPM, etc.

If you find PROOF of "Over-voltage", usually the ONLY thing needing replacement is the Voltage Regulator on rear of alternator. That is only ~ 15 to 20% of the cost of the entire Alternator.

Please let us know what you find,
George
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 09:39 PM   #4
GoRomeo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i, 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [9.50]
2006 330i  [6.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rade View Post
Mat Sensor?? There was a recall on this I remember. Do some research on this…

Happy Reading 📖
Appreciate 0