E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 335d still low in power/boost!!

09-21-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
Andyers
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport

Hey,

Been having problems with my 35D for a while now, finally got the main dealer to sort out the red boost hose under goodwill from BMW, though I had to pay for new crankshaft breather (oil leaking sorted)

I thought this might solve my power problem (as per other posts) but it is just the same.

Symptoms/comments
- seems to have reduced boost especially at lower end of revs

- revs quite high before changing gear, and almost seems to stick sometimes as if it would usually change but wont as the big turbo hasnt spooled up enough or the small turbo hasnt spooled at all.

- doesnt have that 'g force' feeling at all, even when you feel the big turbo kick in, it gets faster but not that usual g force push.

- Nothing coming up in diagnostics according to dealer

- just feels like it is straining to go fast

As I say there seems to be a little bit of boost coming but the main issue for me is that 'back in your seat feeling' as you plant it, then the fact it just keeps pulling.........I havent had that feeling for about 6 months now.

Could this be the accuator problem that seems to be quite common with the x35d engine?

Appreciate any help guys!

PS, there used to be a rattle when she was at full pelt, think this was the wastegate rattle, but havent heard that either!

Last edited by Andyers; 09-21-2011 at 02:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #2
Martin80k
Rep
n/a
Drives:

the same here

this is very similar what I am experiencing! nothing on bmw diagnostics came up, and they say it is fine, but there is not that pull that was there just few days ago! it also slightly hesitant in the low revs, but you have to keep really attention to feel it, otherwise, it goes smooth and fine, it just seem to have lost the power that pushed you to the seat and that fine low rev torque. I was advised to change the air and fuel filter by bmw dealer. they only change the air filter and booked me for the fuel for another time, which I will not go back, as I perceive this as a rip off....as obviously they want to clock another hour and material, otherwise they would easily change both,,,well, this is not the good advertisement of BMW dealers, is it?
it is 2006, out of warranty! now regret buy
Appreciate 0