E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > JB4 killed my car....

08-11-2014, 02:55 PM   #67
alexchen86
Too Many Hobbies!
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Sportline AW

Do Not Go To Advantage Bmw For Anything!! Horror Story!!!

Correction it was NOT the JB4.....Terry and Jon worked with me tirelessly for days and we have determined it as a ground problem from the DME in the new F cars.

Problem is Advantage BMW raped the hell out of my engine bay. I am about to write a strongly worded letter to them and corporate for the total disregard for customer service.

When they see the long list of high end cars in our family car insurance coverage plus the fact 2 of my cousins work for that auto group I may have some leeway for them to fix their total disregard for private property.

McGinnis Cadillac never treated us like that before either when we had an 05 Escalade SUV.

That if not anything else is one of the main reasons people purchase luxury cars in the first place. We expect service done right and for the techs to go that extra mile. Come on would BMW really need SA's if a technician is all that's needed who worked on that particular vehicle. If this happened in a Kia, then it's totally understandable and who cares they have 100k warranty anyways! But this no matter what series you drive still carries the BMW brand and in America corporate branding is king.

I've never been treated like this at Mercedes Park Place mid 90s when our family had an S500 two tone. Never EVER this bad at Sterling McCall Lexus either in a junk LS430 full option one hell of a deal because the dealer loaded it up and it never sold LOL!!

And of course Sugar Land Mercedes is definitely my favorite always friendly, wide open, lots of memorabilia, smiling faces, feels like what a luxury dealership should be. Then again they are family owned so it's understandable they take better care of their clients.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2014, 06:03 PM   #68
Beau93315
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK 335i View Post
this is almost as bad as what happened to me

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=768349&page=2

Jesus christ I feel dumb after reading that thread, my intelligence level has went down.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2014, 06:42 PM   #69
Beau93315
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK 335i View Post
this is almost as bad as what happened to me

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=768349&page=2

Jesus christ I feel dumb after reading that thread, my intelligence level has went down.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 09:53 PM   #70
Canadian 335xi
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau93315 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau93315 View Post
I think it did drop your intelligence ... double post. lol

OP > As everyone said, the guys from BurgerTuning are amazing. They give better support than any company I've ever dealt with, they are on forums helping people 1-on-1. Perhaps asking nicely for help might be an approach. The JB4 has thousands of users that love their product. If this was something that even happened "once in a while" people would not risk it. You should change the title of your post to "originally I thought...."

Last edited by Canadian 335xi; 08-12-2014 at 10:14 PM.. Reason: added clarification - I don't think the JB4 killed his car either
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 10:05 PM   #71
Beau93315
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian 335xi View Post
I think it did....

OP > As everyone said, the guys from BurgerTuning are amazing. They give better support than any company I've ever dealt with, they are on forums helping people 1-on-1. Perhaps asking nicely for help might be an approach.
The other thing is, they are VERY active I am sure this thread has been linked to them and or have seen it. Yet they will still bend over backwards to help you, it is okay to be wrong or say you screwed up. The whole thing about starting a forum is to help others; share experiences, knowledge and difficulty's you have been through so that the others that are ready to mod or attempt new things can have some insight on how things will work out.

I don't know why you are so upset no respect.
Appreciate 0