E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Dynavin E90 PDC volume

12-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
Angren
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i

Dynavin E90 PDC volume

Hi everyone.

I encountered a problem after installing a Dynavin E90 headunit in the car. The stock PDC volume is now incredibly loud, almost intolerable and makes the whole parking process a real torture for myself and passengers. Originally I had a BMW professional headunit installed, therefore the PDC sound comes from the speakers, unlike that of a BMW Business, where the sound comes from a separate small speaker. Be warned all of you who are considering to change to Dynavin unit and have BMW professional and stock PDC installed, it is a real inconvenience.

Whats is especially discomforting is that neither Dynavin nor Caraudiocraze (the vendor I purchased the unit from) have been unable to provide any adequate help on the issue. In fact, Dynavin's customer support is nonexistent, I contacted them many times even by Skype, only to be completely ignored. So far there is no solution to the problem.

Therefore, I was curious if anyone could give me any tips on what can be done in this situation? Is it easy to convert PDC from BMW Professional configuration to BMW Business (meaning to connect a separate speaker to PDC module). Thanks a lot for feedback.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 03:27 AM   #2
manu328
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi

I had a dynavin in my e90... Wow it was real loud. Had to run it on 2 or 5.... Never could figure it out. It was professionally installed also...
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 08:21 PM   #3
TMR
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I bought the mObridge DA1 adaptor and my PDC volume is super loud also.
SOLD E39 M5 Modded, What a great car! www.tmrmzine.com/m5/
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 01:39 AM   #4
silverrsxxx
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 / E71 X6M

I had the same issue and it drove me insane. My workaround was pulling the fuse...sort of lame but no more heart attack reverse beep!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 03:07 PM   #5
Alpine328i
Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: Graduated to a 335i

The new D99 platform is said to have a fix for this.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 11:02 PM   #6
pkirk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angren View Post
Hi everyone.

I encountered a problem after installing a Dynavin E90 headunit in the car. The stock PDC volume is now incredibly loud, almost intolerable and makes the whole parking process a real torture for myself and passengers. Originally I had a BMW professional headunit installed, therefore the PDC sound comes from the speakers, unlike that of a BMW Business, where the sound comes from a separate small speaker. Be warned all of you who are considering to change to Dynavin unit and have BMW professional and stock PDC installed, it is a real inconvenience.

Whats is especially discomforting is that neither Dynavin nor Caraudiocraze (the vendor I purchased the unit from) have been unable to provide any adequate help on the issue. In fact, Dynavin's customer support is nonexistent, I contacted them many times even by Skype, only to be completely ignored. So far there is no solution to the problem.

Therefore, I was curious if anyone could give me any tips on what can be done in this situation? Is it easy to convert PDC from BMW Professional configuration to BMW Business (meaning to connect a separate speaker to PDC module). Thanks a lot for feedback.
This is becuase of the powered outputs. The signal going to your OEM amp is amplified compared to the expected signal.

I had the same problem and ended up routing wires from the non-powered RCA speaker output to my amp, which is an aftermarket JL Audio 6 channel. The sound quality experienced is much better IMO - not just related to the non-amped signal but a better frequency distribution as it has front, rear, and sub signals. First i ran only front and rear and let my amp take the signal for my subs, then i tried the separate sub signal. Huge difference!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 06:10 AM   #7
bmw_118d
Rep
Drives: bmw serie 1 118d

With radio business there this problem?
Appreciate 0