E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Kaitan's Story + Build Thread (More story than build thread for now)

03-20-2013, 07:29 AM   #1
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Kaitan's Story + Build Thread (More story than build thread for now)

Hi Guys,

Lets see how can I start a build thread? I have never done one before as I never believe in spending too much money on cars. But what can I say the heart is telling me OTHERWISE

Where it all begins....Like most of us it starts with up bringing. My dad always love BMW...Ever since the e30s he pretty much owned all generations of the 3 series except the e46. He also had e60,and e39 and currently now driving x6 35D which is a beast !! with 700nm of torque!

He always believe that if you want to drive fast, you need to owned a good car

So this is where I start my first beloved owned ride was 120d e87 M-sport. It was tuned and dyno 144kw ATW with 450nm at 1700rpm. Only mod that I had was an M3 paddle shifter (as my previous JDM car had it, so I had to have it)and 18 208m wheels.It was a sweet ride!! the beauty part of it was the consumption on average is 8l/100km and it's constantly on boost After tuning it I was convinced that I was going to keep it for the 2-3 years but we all know what happens next. After awhile power was not enough to satisfy the cravings for the G-force pull that pushes you back into your seat.

9 Months later after owning it I was wondering and constantly browsing on carsales. I was so certain that I was gonna get a E90 330D(Some how that time I had something against a 2 door stingy man's car) but I was just wouldn't find any that was quite my price range. After joining this forum and met a few people on the forums when I had my 120d, someone suggested to me you should look at 335i. So I did, was looking around and found something on carsales it was an 07 335i with 70k on the clock with bare minimum options and no M-sport(it was a MUST) but I decided to have a ponder the car was with trivett in parramatta and they had a sale going on that day, so I decided to call them and confirm that the car was there still. So 45min drive late the dealership was so busy, after 45 mins of waiting finally got a salesman. He confirmed that the car was still there and it was parked up stairs at the not so popular floor. First impression the car was dirty and it had a smokers car smell. So I decided to give it a miss, but he mention to me that there was a 08 with almost full option downstairs at the car park. So I decided why not have a look no harm, doesn't mean having a look means I will buy it.

Well after 5 hours of negotiation, the car was mine with the sold sign on it

My08 BSM E92 335i

Spec:
- M-sport
- Comfort Access
- Sunroof
- 19" 225M

Mods Done
- M3 Steering wheel and Paddles
- Jb4
- Matte Black Kidney Grille

Mods To Do
- Ar Design DP
- Remus Quad Exhaust
- Boot Lip Spoiler

Mods Maybe
- Front and Rear M3 sway Bar
- Lightweight Gunmetal wheels Rays TE37 Looks so good
Attached Images

Last edited by kaitan; 03-20-2013 at 07:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #2
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

The car's a beauty in person! I can't wait to hear it once all the exhaust mods are done. It's going to be epic
      03-20-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
R3N
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: None

Are you selling your car?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #4
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3N View Post
I had someone looked at it...but I decided not to sell it
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #5
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by froop View Post
The car's a beauty in person! I can't wait to hear it once all the exhaust mods are done. It's going to be epic
Yea, I can't wait ! it's going into the work shop today
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #6
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3N View Post
I had someone looked at it...but I decided not to sell it
Good choice!
      03-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Nice ride and great thread so far, I wonder whats next!?!

The DP's make a fair difference to exhaust note, changing the mufflers with them also will blow you away with the difference in exhaust note!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #8
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
Nice ride and great thread so far, I wonder whats next!?!

The DP's make a fair difference to exhaust note, changing the mufflers with them also will blow you away with the difference in exhaust note!
So far all the video on youtube on the exhaust note cannot be justified. But soon I'll know

I just want to get people opinion on the last photo.

YaY or Nay to powdercoat the wheel? Exact same combo colours except the wheels
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #9
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M340iXDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post
So far all the video on youtube on the exhaust note cannot be justified. But soon I'll know

love to hear your machine with the new set up once you are done. On the wheels, well I am a gloss black man so maybe no help.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #10
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:

Keep the stockies for track wheels (I believe they are prone to cracking) and get some neat aftermarket wheels or M3 rims! I even know a good bloke who has some M3 rims for sale

Re your comment that you love the TE37's, I am a huge fan of TE's and have owned them in the past but for some reason I just don't think they suit the shape of the E90's/E92's.... On a R34 GTR on the other hand though they look great...
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #11
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornadog335i View Post
love to hear your machine with the new set up once you are done. On the wheels, well I am a gloss black man so maybe no help.
Thx mate. Although I like the car to be a sleeper as it doesn't attract anyone. And it's funny how some much small mods ie wheels changes people perception of the car and the driver, which makes people want to race with you? I never had that problem where people come next to me and wanting to have some fun, maybe it's because the car looks stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
Keep the stockies for track wheels (I believe they are prone to cracking) and get some neat aftermarket wheels or M3 rims! I even know a good bloke who has some M3 rims for sale

Re your comment that you love the TE37's, I am a huge fan of TE's and have owned them in the past but for some reason I just don't think they suit the shape of the E90's/E92's.... On a R34 GTR on the other hand though they look great...

Shane, hahaha you are always selling/trying to sell :P

Yea the TE37 looks great no doubt but I know what you are saying it doesnt give that aggressive look.

But I still think it looks different and it's not a common look. That wheels is on an M3 I know it's not a 335 but you get the idea
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #12
Zen
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Great looking black machine!
Would love to hear your exhaust, make sure u make a video of your Remus once you have it installed.
Black Sapphire Metallic | M-Sport | GT-CS 19" Matte Anthracite | BMW Perf. Exhaust | JB4 | AR Design Catless DP | R1 Concepts Cross-drilled & Slotted Rotors | aFe DCI | ER Chargepipe with Forge DV | ER FMIC
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #13
Zoo Tv
Washed Weekly
United_States
Rep
Drives: MTA Subway

Nice ride Kaitan. How did you find the change to JB4? Did you install it?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #14
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen View Post
Great looking black machine!
Would love to hear your exhaust, make sure u make a video of your Remus once you have it installed.
I will try my best to get it done as the video and the actually thing might be different. I wanna hear your PE on the move !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo Tv View Post
Nice ride Kaitan. How did you find the change to JB4? Did you install it?
The Jb4 is the best mod interms of value for money. It one of the cheaper mods unless you go for procede or cobbs etc. From a tame beast after tune it's a whole new level. I could remember the first time I had the jb4 and put i put my foot down, the kick back was so strong that my heart started pumping really fast. That is how much adrenalin it gives you just with the tune.

I bought the Jb4 from BMR. He installed for me. Great guy! and I would recommend him to all my friends

What plans you have for you ride Zoo?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #15
Zen
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
I will try my best to get it done as the video and the actually thing might be different. I wanna hear your PE on the move !
PM me when you want to hear it. I am happy to show it to you and possibly convert you in buying the Perf exhaust..

I'm sure keungleung (William) wants to tag along and have a look at your JB4 and possibly your quad pipe Remus. :P
Black Sapphire Metallic | M-Sport | GT-CS 19" Matte Anthracite | BMW Perf. Exhaust | JB4 | AR Design Catless DP | R1 Concepts Cross-drilled & Slotted Rotors | aFe DCI | ER Chargepipe with Forge DV | ER FMIC
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #16
Zoo Tv
Washed Weekly
United_States
Rep

Not much really - JB4 or Cobb. Looking at costs to install at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #17
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo Tv View Post
Not much really - JB4 or Cobb. Looking at costs to install at the moment.
go for Jb4!! worth the money plus installation is easy! get it from BMR and he should be able to help you install it. plus JB is cheaper isnt it? from compared to cobbs?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #18
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen View Post
PM me when you want to hear it. I am happy to show it to you and possibly convert you in buying the Perf exhaust..

I'm sure keungleung (William) wants to tag along and have a look at your JB4 and possibly your quad pipe Remus. :P
I'll be at topryde tonight and will be passing rhodes tmr night maybe we can meet up? I've got badminton at 8 so maybe before that ? Hopefully by then my remus should be on
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #19
Ninjaoz
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: E39 540i, E90 320d,F15 30d

Garage List
2011 BMW 320d  [10.00]
nice ride dude! can't wait to hear your remus exhaust note, is there any reason why you went for remus? did you consider eisenmann, supersprint etc?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 08:39 PM   #20
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaoz View Post
nice ride dude! can't wait to hear your remus exhaust note, is there any reason why you went for remus? did you consider eisenmann, supersprint etc?
thx ninja...Price was a factor plus nobody had remus so I thought I wanted to be different too.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #21
keungleung
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 335i msport

Quote:
I'll be at topryde tonight and will be passing rhodes tmr night maybe we can meet up? I've got badminton at 8 so maybe before that ? Hopefully by then my remus should be on
i'm totally broke and can't afford an exhaust... but a tune for the $$ is so tempting, leaning towards Cobb only because it's easier to uninstall since I have warranty atm

give me a PM if you guys meet up!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #22
Zoo Tv
Washed Weekly
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by keungleung View Post
i'm totally broke and can't afford an exhaust... but a tune for the $$ is so tempting, leaning towards Cobb only because it's easier to uninstall since I have warranty atm

give me a PM if you guys meet up!
Yep - in the same boat with warranty. How much was the JB4 Kaitan?
Appreciate 0