E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Bushings

04-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #1
MrQuickR1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Bushings

Hey guys, I've had this vibration when slightly pressing the brakes but as I press further the vibes in the steering wheel subside. I have googled for answers and have narrowed down the CA bushings and sway bar bushings (hear it on speed bumps) So today I decided before placing an order, let me get a visual.
Now anyone with experience on worn out bushings please confirm with me the conclusion that mine are worn.
Now also i cannot be positive but the stains on the CA bushing look as if it had leaked out the oil from the bushing. The stain is dry.
Sad thing is I had the wheel alignment done a week ago and it still pulls left slightly. The manager said bring it back and they will do it again and apologized but thinking this is the culprit and will need another alignment anyway.

Would you replace just the bushing on the CA (thrust arm) or would you buy the entire arm with the ball joint on the end? I would hate to go through all this work and then the ball joint craps out soon after.
From the snapshots, does it look as if the bushing are done?

Control Arm Bushing, you can't see the rubber but the stain....

Sway Bar Bushing..notice the space.....

Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
shata
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT-ZPP/ZSP/ZCW

I did both of those on my e46 when I had it and it took care of that problem. I would buy your own parts from tischer and then ask them to install them. I wouldnt bother getting the whole arm just get bushings.

Make sure you know your production year written on driver side sticker by door like 03/05 mm/yy
      04-16-2013, 11:31 PM   #3
andrey_gta
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
M3 control arm bushings should fit e90 oem arms ( non XI), Turner sais so
Otherwise Myele HD bushinsg from HPA or Turner

Poweflex makes bushes for stock OEM arms. Their black compound is the firm one, if they make it an optioon.

Whiteline ( sold as Prothane are also good OEM replacement bushes)

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #4
MrQuickR1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

That's just it. I have the "M" suspension, so do I look for M3 bushings or just the OEM?
I don't feel like if I put M3 bushings in where it's needed and leave the others at their stock status. I would think it would throw everything off like having 2 pair of different tires on a car.

I would rather justs stick with the OEM configuration
Appreciate 0