E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Any one know how to register new battery to car?

04-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
ogjalosboi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335I cobb stage 2

Any one know how to register new battery to car?

It looks like the time has come for me to replace my battery car seems to struggle to start and when I check codes on my accesport something about the battery pops up... So I am looking to purchase one from the dealer and install it my self ,but do not want to pay the outrages price for them to register it ....anyone here have a bt tool that's willing to lend a hand?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
HPIA4v2
Major
Rep
Drives: F80, F86

This is the deal as far as batt,
1) if you switch from regular lead-acid to AGM then the car needs to know the chemical type switch, follow by option 2 below to tell DME you have brand new batt .
2) else you only need to reset the date while staying with flooded lead-acid.

I had to go to indy switching to AGM on my 2008 535i, not bad about $125 ($160 if they have to install the batt). for option two should be less fee logically. But I doubt your 2007 has AGM type battery.
AGM battery is like $135 from battery-plus, same exact size and rating. Made by the same company East-penn as OEM.

Also BT can only do option 2 above, you need INPA or auto-logic to do option 1 and 2.

AGM is better batt BTW then regular lead-acid, highly recommended unless you adrive your ca alot then maybe stay with regular flooded lead-acid.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
ogjalosboi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335I cobb stage 2

So I end it up getting it done at strictly bmw for 330.00 after tax which is about half of what bmw of Bellevue wanted it .... And for you guys that want bmw to do it I would go to bmw of seattle and talk to tony Algony he quoted me 420 whit tax but I got he's email after I had dropped my car off at strictly bmw..overall I am glad I got his done cuz my car left me stranded twice in a week due to battery problem
Appreciate 0