E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > OpenFlash Tablet Stage 2 and Stage e40 OTS maps now available

10-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #23
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstBMWLA
Edit: think I found answer
These maps posted are flash only, so run in map 0 or remove the procede.

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #24
DesertDude
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is E93 DCT

Plugged in my OFT and it updated to Firmware version 1.16. I uploaded new maps, but when I went to try and data log, the menu option is no longer there. I only have the sub-menu option for getting Diagnostic codes where I usually have the data logging and other options.

Is there a new template file we are supposed to use? I'm using Template 3 currently.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #25
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDude View Post
Plugged in my OFT and it updated to Firmware version 1.16. I uploaded new maps, but when I went to try and data log, the menu option is no longer there. I only have the sub-menu option for getting Diagnostic codes where I usually have the data logging and other options.

Is there a new template file we are supposed to use? I'm using Template 3 currently.
We have had a few emails reporting this same issue. We are trying to get to the bottom of it right now. I'll update as soon as I have a resolution... sorry!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #26
rborane
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbunny View Post
You could MAYBE run 2.5 - 3 gal of E85 to a full tank of 91 to get your octane up. A lot of people including my self have done this or are still doing this to run the 93 cobb maps without having 93 available. I assume it would work the same way with this. Just have to watch your fuel trims to make sure your not running to much E85 if so you have some adjusting to do either in the fuel scalar or at the pump.
If Vishnu is located in California, why wouldnt their be a stage 2 91 octane map?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #27
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by rborane
Quote:
You could MAYBE run 2.5 - 3 gal of E85 to a full tank of 91 to get your octane up. A lot of people including my self have done this or are still doing this to run the 93 cobb maps without having 93 available. I assume it would work the same way with this. Just have to watch your fuel trims to make sure your not running to much E85 if so you have some adjusting to do either in the fuel scalar or at the pump.
If Vishnu is located in California, why wouldnt their be a stage 2 91 octane map?
Stage 1 is already pretty aggressive for 91 octane, the added octane in 93 allows for more aggressive mapping. If you're looking for an awesome 91 map, I'd contact Vishnu for a custom tune for your car. That is where you are going to see the most gains on 91 octane.

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #28
deathbunny
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rborane View Post
No idea, I can't read their minds

I would assume it has to do with them selling to more than just Cali and most states have 93 octane. It could just be a naming convention difference also. Where cobb has stages based on mods and then sport or aggressive for different octane levels for each stage. OFT might be equating stages to octane more so than the required mods like Cobb, dunno.
      10-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #29
Raptor04
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

I am having this same problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDude View Post

10-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #30
007_e350
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i 2008 MHD'd / x5d E70

Very smooth power delivery, feels strong thru all rpms... shiv you rock

Btw, my tablet isnt logging after sw update, I dont care as long as car tickles my balls
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #31
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007_e350 View Post
Very smooth power delivery, feels strong thru all rpms... shiv you rock

Btw, my tablet isnt logging after sw update, I dont care as long as car tickles my balls
Looks like there is a problem with the autoupdate interfering with the N54 specific functions (logging, graphing, boost gauge, etc,.) I sent an email to Rombinhood and his team so hopefully they will have a resolution quickly!

But I'm glad you guys are enjoying the new maps. It was fun creating them

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #32
akotten
Major
Rep
Drives: 2004 M3

What about straight E30 from the pump? (94 octane) I remember you mentioning these were E30 maps but E40 was suggested just to be safe. Are you concerned most about ethanol content, octane, or both? I just filled up yesterday and would rather not wait to test. Perhaps the datalogs will tell all.
      10-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #33
007_e350
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i 2008 MHD'd / x5d E70

[QUOTE=shiv@vishnu;14830277] Looks like there is a problem with the autoupdate interfering with the N54 specific functions (logging, graphing, boost gauge, etc,.) I sent an email to Rombinhood and his team so hopefully they will have a resolution quickly!

But I'm glad you guys are enjoying the new maps. It was fun creating them

Shiv[/QUOTE
What's different in this map bro? Vanos, timing, ? Just curious, thanks a ton finally cars to my liking, its like se* on the beach
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #34
Raptor04
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

I put in 5 gallons of e70 today. To get closer to e40, I need about 7 gallons of e70. Car def. pulls harder with this tune, and this is on 91 octane because that's all I have. This tune is fast! Seems like it pulls harder to redline as well.
      10-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #35
SaviorXi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i xDrive coupe

Garage List
I just took the Stage 2 map for a spin and after a couple pulls to help it learn I gave it a go. It is smooth as hell with excellent power delivery. Half throttle in sport mode on my automatic is amazing. It will make for a great daily driver map. Tomorrow I will get some ethanol on my way home and give the E40 map a run through its paces and report back with the details.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #36
akotten
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviorXi View Post
I just took the Stage 2 map for a spin and after a couple pulls to help it learn I gave it a go. It is smooth as hell with excellent power delivery. Half throttle in sport mode on my automatic is amazing. It will make for a great daily driver map. Tomorrow I will get some ethanol on my way home and give the E40 map a run through its paces and report back with the details.
How do you feel it compares to Stg1?
      10-17-2013, 11:07 PM   #37
SaviorXi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Its definitely faster than stage 1 but I also have had catless downpipes, Helix intercooler and cobb with a pro tuning freaks custom ethanol tune before so as fast as it feels its not as fast as that especially when the car shifts on the highway. It does pull much more in the higher RPM's on the highway than stage 1. Stage one on the highway was a dog. The biggest thing I noticed was how smooth and strong boost comes on and the throttle response in the mid pedal range when cruising is great. As I took the keys out after I pulled in my driveway I had a smile on my face and felt satisfied. That says allot since my expectations were high due to the long wait period for map updates. I am very intrigued to see how the E40 maps feel. I finish work at 2 PM tomorrow so after I head to pick up some ethanol and give it a few pulls I will keep you updated.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #38
akotten
Major
Rep

Quote:
Its definitely faster than stage 1 but I also have had catless downpipes, Helix intercooler and cobb with a pro tuning freaks custom ethanol tune before so as fast as it feels its not as fast as that especially when the car shifts on the highway. It does pull much more in the higher RPM's on the highway than stage 1. Stage one on the highway was a dog. The biggest thing I noticed was how smooth and strong boost comes on and the throttle response in the mid pedal range when cruising is great. As I took the keys out after I pulled in my driveway I had a smile on my face and felt satisfied. That says allot since my expectations were high due to the long wait period for map updates. I am very intrigued to see how the E40 maps feel. I finish work at 2 PM tomorrow so after I head to pick up some ethanol and give it a few pulls I will keep you updated.
Awesome, thanks. I'm debating what to test tonight. I have a full tank of 94oct E30. Might just give the Stg2 a quick run until I can add 3 gallons of E85 to bump it to E40. I would really appreciate a map that optimizes the E30 I can get straight from the pump.
      10-17-2013, 11:27 PM   #39
SaviorXi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by akotten View Post
Awesome, thanks. I'm debating what to test tonight. I have a full tank of 94oct E30. Might just give the Stg2 a quick run until I can add 3 gallons of E85 to bump it to E40. I would really appreciate a map that optimizes the E30 I can get straight from the pump.
Make sure you give it a couple 3rd and 4th gear runs to help it adapt. It got stronger and stronger with each pull. You could probably ask some experienced tuning members what tables and how much to adjust to accommodate E30 from the pump. I'm so happy I changed my coils and plugs so that I was misfire free tonight.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 12:24 AM   #40
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

Dont want to be that guy that goes of topic. But I was wondering if you guys were developing OFT for F30 N55
      10-18-2013, 01:18 AM   #41
akotten
Major
Rep

Quote:
Make sure you give it a couple 3rd and 4th gear runs to help it adapt. It got stronger and stronger with each pull. You could probably ask some experienced tuning members what tables and how much to adjust to accommodate E30 from the pump. I'm so happy I changed my coils and plugs so that I was misfire free tonight.
I fully agree with how you described power delivery of these maps. Smooth as butter. And they just pull a lot harder up top. To be honest, I didn't really notice much of a difference with the E40 map compared to the Stg2 map. But I'm still pretty certain it is pulling harder from 4500-6500. Reminding me of when I used to run meth. I approve.
      10-18-2013, 01:19 AM   #42
deathbunny
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I would love to be able to get 94 oct E30 right out of the pump. Would that be the same as running 94 octane and then mixing it to get 30% eth or are they including the eth when calculating the octane reading?

Would a battery tender provide enough power to perform the initial read with? My daytime running lights will not turn off if the key is turned on no matter what I do so i'm a little concerned about it taking so long.
      10-18-2013, 01:21 AM   #43
akotten
Major
Rep

Quote:
I would love to be able to get 94 oct E30 right out of the pump.

Would a battery tender provide enough power to perform the initial read with? My daytime running lights will not turn off if the key is turned on no matter what I do so i'm a little concerned about it taking so long.
Yes, E30 blender pumps are God send. The 94oct is the final octane rating. They probably mix it with regular 87-89oct.

I did my initial read without any charger. A battery tender will be pretty much useless since it will probably charge at 2A, but it can't hurt. Just be sure that EVERY extra accessory is turned off. Try going into your dash menus to disable the daytime running lights. That's what I always do.
      10-18-2013, 01:24 AM   #44
deathbunny
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yes, E30 blender pumps are God send. The 94oct is the final octane rating. They probably mix it with regular 87-89oct.

I did my initial read without any charger. A battery tender will be pretty much useless since it will probably charge at 2A. Just be sure that EVERY extra accessory is turned off. Try going into your dash menus to disable the daytime running lights. That's what I always do.
I just looked at it and its only 1.25A . I didn't think it would help thats why I haven't tried it yet. Well that and I have been waiting for a proper map And thanks for the tip on the lights I didn't realize you could turn them off that way. If I can get them off I'm not so worried about it.

Last edited by deathbunny; 10-18-2013 at 01:34 AM..
Appreciate 0