E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > ModMy3 - Pitiful Customer Service

09-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
fixedreality
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: HPF M3

ModMy3 - Pitiful Customer Service

Hi all,

Let me first start off by saying that it is not in my intention to bash the vendor but rather inform the 3-series community in the hopes of enlightening future potential customers. I've extracted a great amount of patience but alas my issue is not resolved and it seems the vendor is not interested in making things right. As such, here is my review.

I was in the market for a steering wheel roundel and painted front bumper reflectors, we all know there are a dozen vendors out there that stock these parts. Given the rep ModMy3 has and their willingness to support the enthusiast, I gave them my business. What started off as a very pleasant experience led to disappointment. I dealt with David and he was very quick to respond initially and assist me in sourcing the proper roundel for my application. I gladly gave them my money.

I placed my order on the afternoon of 9/3/13. To my surprised I got a shipping notification at 8am on the 5th. WOW, fast shipping for a piece that needed painting, (bumper reflectors) probably had them in stock? who knows. Either way, shipping method was USPS 2Day Priority. Being Thursday morning and them in SoCal and myself in SF I figured Saturday delivery.

Come 9/7/13, no package, and no big deal. I can wait till next week. Checking the tracking I see "electronic info received" which usually indicates it hasn't been handed off to USPS yet. Come 9/9/13, tracking info remains the same so I ping David and politely ask him for an update at his convenience. He tells me he'll check with USPS. Come 9/13/13, no response from David, no package. Again, I politely ask for an update. Zero response.

It's now Tuesday the 17th, no package, I figure its not coming. NO PROBLEM, i'll ask for a refund and order from one of the other vendors. So I ping David and CC the ModMy3 Sales Associates address, politely ask for a refund OR update (yeah right)

Guess what? yup, no response. At this point my patience is non-existent. I create a formal contact request via their website stating this:

Quote:
I have asked for multiple updates regarding Order #10000XXXX, sent to both David and the sales@modmy3.com address.

The tracking informatin provided (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX) shows "Electronic Shipping Info Received".

Has this left the warehouse? please respond or I will move forward with processing a chargeback with my credit card company.

Thank you
So finally, after threats of a chargeback, David response with "This left a while back, I'm assuming this hasn't gotten there."

-_-

I say "No, last I remember you were going to inquire with USPS." and that was last Friday. Fast forward to today, nothing of course. I'll file a dispute with PayPal as a courtesy to David and his crew and move forward with my bank next week.

It's really pathetic how a vendor can treat their customers like this and still be in business. They obviously have no intention on solving the issue sooooo I shall discredit their company and give them a bad name

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #2
Mr&Mrs323i
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 323i TiAg

Oh no....I just ordered from them....crossing my fingers that MM3 has gotten better since then.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 11:10 PM   #3
fixedreality
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: HPF M3

they have since made it right and shipped me the parts, although it took over a month
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #4
turboboosted
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 | E92 | F10

i have similar experience with them
Appreciate 0