E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Driver seat unable to move forward? *SOLVED*

12-16-2013, 03:17 AM   #1
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Driver seat unable to move forward? *SOLVED*

OK, so it was my birthday weekend, I was kinda buzzed and despite my extreme reluctance to trust the driving skills of anybody whose driving earned 3+ dings on her car and seems to have a "close call story" for me every 2 weeks, I caved into my girlfriend's insistence on driving home.

Anyway, it never really bothered me before, but to get her to properly reach the pedals she needs the seat forward, but the furthest forward it'll go when the edge of the seat lines up with neutral gear, and that's after hitting the switch 3 times. I crawled underneath and saw nothing in the railing/screw, no unusual debris or actually, anything that prevents it from advancing further; it will go all the way back no problem. I tried forcing it and also vacuuming the track the next morning to no avail. The passenger seat is fine.

Is there any way to at least re-calibrate the seats, or any other solutions? Thank you.
::THE MACHETE::

Last edited by NEFARIOUS; 02-20-2016 at 09:58 PM.. Reason: SOLVED
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #2
Meeni
Gateropode
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i 06

Most probably, there is an object blocking the seat, take another look.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 12:58 AM   #3
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Thanks, I most likely have to take it apart or something then...

*EDIT* Got this @#$%& pen out... It has been the bane of my existence and I'm glad I finally fished it out, since it's a major pain in the ass when cleaning, fishing for something that fell under, or having a shorter friend drive and the seat can't move all the way forward or backward. Since it was so well hidden, myself and 2 shops couldn't figure it out until just now! As you can see with the wrench, I was THIS close to taking out the entire seat!
Attached Images

::THE MACHETE::

Last edited by NEFARIOUS; 08-09-2015 at 01:56 PM..
Appreciate 0