Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Just got a flat what do I do?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

12-07-2007, 11:59 AM   #23
mrbrett
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANMACINSD View Post
Dude, I wouldn't drive with that sticking out of my tire. It looks like a damn crack pipe sticking out of your tire. Were you driving in the hood? If it's RF you may be able to pull out the rod and continue driving slowly to nearest tire facility. I would say you definately found the problem though.
That does look like a crack pipe. DO NOT DRIVE WITH THAT THING STICKING OUT OF YOUR TIRE.

Borrow a jack and take the tire off and take it to a tire shop, they'll know what to do from there.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 12:11 PM   #24
Fortbimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you ran over something in the street and now have a flat tire. Get some pliers and pull that thing out of your tire to avoid additional damage to your body, wheel well or rim. Gather all the tire information (size, make, etc) and call around to your local tire shops for pricing. If all else fails, go to the dealer for a tire and pay a premium.

Don't drive with that thing in your tire and take it easy once you get it out.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 12:14 PM   #25
Grumpa72
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

I don't know what it is but it sure looks odd and I sure wouldn't drive with that thing in. If I were you, I would pull that thing out and then use some of the fix-a-flat stuff, provided you don't have TPMS. Then I would pump it up and hope that the fix-a-flat works. I have the FTM and now have a pump and a can of fix-a-flat in my trunk. If the hole is too big to seal, you can ask a local tire shop to put a plug in it and then see if the inside has been damaged.

According to my manual, BMW does not recommend fixing RFT but I ahve read this board and some dealers will. I believe that the general consensus is that if you have a flat, pull the tire off of the rim, check for internal damage and if you don't have any, then put a plug and a patch.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 01:19 PM   #26
moneymike713
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Montego 335

i ended up just driving to the tire shop, the thing came out in the process and i was able to get the tire patched so all is good now
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 01:42 PM   #27
GreddyBoy858
Mack
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

I actually LOL'ed at the crackpipe comment...

So you got it fixed.. What was the thing sticking out??
2006 BMW 325i / Jet Black / Black Dakota / Step / Nav w/ iDrive/ Premium / Sport / Sat Radio/ Adaptive Xenon Headlights / Debadged / Chrome Exhaust Tips / Rear Foglight Mod. / Rear DC Power Outlet Mod. / 20% Tint
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 04:22 PM   #28
moneymike713
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Montego 335

looks like a broken door stop or somethin to me,lol alot of people thought it was a crackpipe
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2007, 11:37 AM   #29
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 996 TT

Wow! Definately do not drive it. Take off the wheel and get it fixed. It looks to be away from the sidewall enough so it may be able to be patched. It looks too large for a plug.
Appreciate 0